What's new

Gameboy Micro

WhiteX

I got a GBA SP Onix, if this micro makes the lifespan of games for GBA bigger, i´m down with it.

xneoangel

Persona User
I dont like the gambeboy micro its just another GBA and for couple more bucks you can get a DS that also plays GBA games.

WhiteX

i guess the thing is to make older ppl carry it on their pockets.(DS is huge for that matter)

xneoangel

Persona User
Im pretty sure almost everyone who wanted a GBA already has one so i dont see the point in releasing the Gameboy Micro.

WhiteX

yeah, sp fits a pocket and is "adult" enough for some ppl, ds is pretty big and !up.com states it to compete with PSP, i guess it is some desperate attempt to grab grown ups who got distanced because of the sheer amount of kid games Big N gas launched over years.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Its just another marketing scheme... just like how nintendo conveniently came out with SP after everybody bought a regular GBA. Those bastards are just trying to make more money... i for one wont buy that small screened piece of crap.

Tjalian

If you've already got a GBA, GBA SP or DS, why the hell are you complaining? Nobody FORCED you to buy a Micro, did they? No.

This is for those who haven't brought a GBA yet, or those who are 'image-centric' and don't want to play their regular SP or DS outside...

(I Don't want to play my SP or DS outside, I gotta admit, but that's because I don't want it stolen, not because I care what people think :p)

WhiteX

they claim it to be for an older audience, however i´d like to see more "older" games instead of a new GB, i took a walk with my SP in the last days and it is very confrtable to walk around, very concealable and light, to increase the lifespan of GBA they could went for third party software support instead of micro, but if works it is OK in my book.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I personally don't own a GBA or DS yet. I really doubt I would buy a DS as to me it seems like a rehash of my PDA. Nothing really exciting there, who cares if it uses a touch screen. And please don't say Nintendogs. I am in awe of that 'games' lameness, imo. A GBA SP or Micro though I would consider I think. I have yet to find that one game that makes me want on like I did with my old GB unit, but that may simply be becuase I am spoiled by emulators. I load up a game and then say, "well this isn't as fun as it looked". My bet is many games just feel better when played on the real thing.

Clements

I'm happy solely for the reason that it'll prolong the lifespan of the system. The amount of GBA games released will increase as people buy the updated systems.