What's new

Game + Video Plugin Question, and 3D games, problem though need DX9...

emude

Ok I have a question about a specific game, not a request mind you just a question. I want to play Resident Evil 2 on Dolphin in 3D, game was originally on PS1. I use iZ3D stereo drivers, or Nvidia Stereo drivers if iZ3D doesn't work. The problem is that they act only with DX9 video plugins. I've tried using a PS1 emulator with a dX9 plugin and can't get the PS1 to recognize the 3D driver. Tried Using a PS2 emulator but they are not backwards compatible with PS1 games. I've even tried using the N64 emulator PJ64 and got Resident Evil 2 for 64 to work in 3D slightly but the graphics are all messed up and the Rom itself has a bunch of errors and crashes constantly, not worth playing. I've even tried using the PC version, yes that too, of Resident Evil 2 and still it doesn't recognize the DX9 because its such an old game. I wish DX9 wasn't needed for 3D and I could use OpenGL, that would solve my problem too. Anyone know of a 3D driver that uses OpenGL? If not...

So I've seen a Resident Evil 2 NTSC Starcube download that I'm going to get and test it with Dolphin but what I want to know is, does anyone know of a website that has a list of previous versions of the DX9 Plugin for Dolphin, or do I have to download all the different Dolphin builds just to get the different versions of the Plugin_VideoDX9.dll so I can test and see which one works the best with 3D or even at all with RE2?

I really hope that's not the case, because I have this thing that when I know there's a million different ways to make something work and it still isn't out there, I have to see it through and find a way to make it work. It's like a tick I have, or else it will constantly be on my mind agrivating me like an ingrown townail or something. So is there a plugin dll anyone knows of for DX9 that runs games well on dolphin, or does anyone know of another way I could play RE2 using DX9 on a computer? Thanks any help, Hugely appreciated.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you truly want to play the original Resident Evil 2, play it on the PSX. While Dolphin is indeed seen a lot of improvements with the SVN releases, somehow I doubt Dolphin is at the point where a game like RE2 (even though it is a port from the PSX game) is considered to be fully playable.

Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

What is this 3D driver you speak of anyway, let alone "iZ3D stereo" drivers? How does this driver not work with a PSX emulator, like say, ePSXe? Are you confusing something with video card drivers, or am I just not understanding you.

P.S. yes, the N64 port of RE2 is a bitch to emulate successfully. Glide64 comes close, but that still leaves the sound in a very sorry state. Plus, the port was still poorer than the PSX original despite a little bit of extra stuff.

As far as I can remember, RE2 worked just fine early in the R36XX revisions, but I no longer have the game but would think it's still working well.

I'm sure you already know this, but the DX9 plugin is all but dead with Dolphin at the moment, and OGL does seem to be the only way to get the job done until somene puts some time into the DX9 plugin again.