What's new

Game Settings

scotty

The Great One
Doomulation said:
Ok, so when you test, tell us if you're aiming for speed or quality. Also tell if you tried other plugins so we know :)
I may tell you that it was ShadowPrince's idea. He's the headmaster as if to say.
I'm sure Martin or someone else will make a forum to this thread if necessary. It isn't so big yet :D

But it's great that you all help out :)

I test for a little on Column A and a little on Column B
Column A:
speed at 60 FPS fairly steady
Audio Framebuffer sync ability
Jabo's input plugin is the only good one that works for me

Column B:
Video has little or no errors in colour
Audio doesnt skip and/or get choppy

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ok, first release:

Made with Excel XP.

And then the notes that I wish to clear up:

Have you tested to see that these games works with any sound plugin:

Super Smash Brothers
Perfect dark
Perfect dark
Goldeneye 007
F-Zero X
Mario 64
Turok(all Turoks for N64)

?

As for F-Zero X, we have two suggestions, one to use Glide64 and one to use Jabo's D3D 1.5. Can someone look up this please? Which one gives the best result and speed?

For 1080 Snowboarding (JU), what region is this? Is it U? I hope that you people will tell me if you're using say a PAL-rom, because it matters sometimes. All roms must be GOOD as well!

Look up if these games can use jabo's directsound too:

Perfect dark
Goldeneye 007
F-Zero X

...I think that's all for now. Then we need more games. But this is always a start :)
Keep it up!
:happy:

Jabo's 1.5 is faster for the most cards and Glide64 for voodoo. Glide64+evoodoo is slower for F-zero X.
For very high speed I'd recommend Jabo's 1.30 but it will give you some graphical errors so the choice is to you.

Clements

I went for quality regarding F-Zero X. With Glide64, the cars are the correct colours, while using Jabo's they are black/incorrect. For me speed does not matter at all, so I get full speed.

scotty

The Great One
Doomulation said:

And then the notes that I wish to clear up:

Have you tested to see that these games works with any sound plugin:

Super Smash Brothers
Perfect dark
Perfect dark
Goldeneye 007
F-Zero X
Mario 64
Turok(all Turoks for N64)

?

As for F-Zero X, we have two suggestions, one to use Glide64 and one to use Jabo's D3D 1.5. Can someone look up this please? Which one gives the best result and speed?

For 1080 Snowboarding (JU), what region is this? Is it U? I hope that you people will tell me if you're using say a PAL-rom, because it matters sometimes. All roms must be GOOD as well!

Look up if these games can use jabo's directsound too:

:happy:

The 1080 (JU)(!) Is Japan United States. The same ROM was distributed in the same country, both Languages are on the ROM. It is NTSC. as for Sound I think I mentionned that Turoks work welll on Jabo's default plugins for V1.5. Azimers works, but Jabo's direct sound is stable with PJ64,1964 with Turok actually goes good, but for some reason the guys cant hurt me, and as Adon is explaining the missions the amination is moving twice as fast, but her voice is not. so I use PJ64 and Jabo's default pluigns.
Perfect Dark works good on 1964 with Azimer's .4 Beta 2, I dont know why it says .30.

By the Way Donkey Kong 64 as far as I know Jabo's direct Sound is the best, but Azimers .30 (old Driver) is ok, but not as good.

I wanted to add a few more ROMS BattleTanx to the List, like it matters:
Battletanx (both of them)
any Direct 3D video plugin(Daedalus works the best)
any Sound or input plugin sound do the trick

CastleVania: Legacy of Darkness:
Project 64:
V1.5 default Plugins
1964:
Jabo's D3D
Azimers plugin .4 Beta 2
any input plugin

I wanted to add a few more ROMS, they work, but they have Video flaws with them, all video pluigns that have used are not perfect.

Body Harvest:
Project 64 V1.5
Rice's Daedalus 4.5.0(still video errors), Jabos works, but bridges cant be crossed.
Azimers Audio .4 Beta 2 (choppy due to video slowness), or Jabos Direct Sound 1.5 (stable, but audio is not perfect)
Jabos Direct input V1.5(66% range), or N-Rages input with true N64 range. Or use an Adaptoid. When in Vehicles, you turn too fast if set range is 100%

Command & Conquer:
1964 0.8.5 or PJ64 1.5
Rice's Daedalus 4.5.0(colouration slightly off at Intro, smoke and water) Jabo's works good, but water is clear and Tiberium is not shown)
Jabo's DirectSound + Azimers work well.
Any input plugin will work well.

I am still looking for Resident Evil 2 settings, if that is not a request.

scotty

The Great One
scotty said:

Body Harvest:
Project 64 V1.5
Rice's Daedalus 4.5.0(still video errors), Jabos works, but bridges cant be crossed.
Azimers Audio .4 Beta 2 (choppy due to video slowness), or Jabos Direct Sound 1.5 (stable, but audio is not perfect)
Jabos Direct input V1.5(66% range), or N-Rages input with true N64 range. Or use an Adaptoid. When in Vehicles, you turn too fast if set range is 100%
Just a note: I think that a new emulator is necessary for this ROM because I think that the core of PJ64 is too messed up for this game, and it doesnt work for 1964. Many say that I should use GoodN64 if I think that the ROM is bad, well GoodN64 says it is fine.
Why am I too lazy to get out my old N64 and play the F***in game.