What's new

game pad problems?

spunk13377

im using an adapter for my ps2 controller (ems usb 2) and chankast seems to have some wierd bugs going on with it.

the controller works for anything else

the problem is that all the directional buttons joystick and d pad are all jacked up... im not sure if its consistent. does anyone else have these troubles?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
spunk13377 said:
im using an adapter for my ps2 controller (ems usb 2) and chankast seems to have some wierd bugs going on with it.

the controller works for anything else

the problem is that all the directional buttons joystick and d pad are all jacked up... im not sure if its consistent. does anyone else have these troubles?
The input plugin isn't the best, but it could be that you have mixed the directories.Try to do a new profiel, if it doesn't work, wait for the new version, I hope there will be a better version of the input plugin!

OzTm

I also have a question: Can the Force Feedback feature be emulated, like in the PSX emus?
I am NOT requesting, or complaining. I just want to know if there is going to be vibration support.

astroduck

Do you mind telling us how you fix it? I have the same problem with my PSX gamepad(I have PSX-PC converter) and the all the cursors are just going nuts in the game.

OP
S

spunk13377

astroduck said:
Do you mind telling us how you fix it? I have the same problem with my PSX gamepad(I have PSX-PC converter) and the all the cursors are just going nuts in the game.

sorry that would have been a nice thing to do... what do you mean by going nuts??

mine were basically switching directions/doing wierd things. the reason i didnt say how to fix it is because im not entirely sure.

first make sure you have all the buttons asigned right the controller setup screen makes it a little confusing... if that isnt wrong try unplugging and replugging in your adapter also make sure the analog button is down when chankast starts.... i really dont know mine just started working all of a sudden.

astroduck

spunk13377 said:
sorry that would have been a nice thing to do... what do you mean by going nuts??

mine were basically switching directions/doing wierd things. the reason i didnt say how to fix it is because im not entirely sure.

first make sure you have all the buttons asigned right the controller setup screen makes it a little confusing... if that isnt wrong try unplugging and replugging in your adapter also make sure the analog button is down when chankast starts.... i really dont know mine just started working all of a sudden.

I mean when I started a game, the direction of the cursors will just go up, down, left and right like non-stop and make it possible to choose the options in the menu.

I will try your way to see if it works. Thanks!! :)

OP
S

spunk13377

make sure that when you plug the controller in that none of the buttons are pressed and that none of the analog sticks are moved... that sounds like a better solution to what you are describing. btw what adapter do you use?

astroduck

spunk13377 said:
make sure that when you plug the controller in that none of the buttons are pressed and that none of the analog sticks are moved... that sounds like a better solution to what you are describing. btw what adapter do you use?

I am not sure the brand since it only said PSX to PC converter but it looks clear and there is a light on it. And it can only hook up to one controller. I am sure it is not super joy Box or other famous brand.