What's new

Game not running! Need help!

Rydium-41

Hi to all!

I'm new here and I'm currently trying to run the game "Godzilla Generations: Maximam Impact" which is included in the compatibilty list. However, I'm running into some difficulties so I need you people's help.

First of all, I've tried using Daemon Tools 3.29 but it doesn't work (has some error I can't remeber right now) so I'm using Daemon Tools 4.03. The FAQ says that there might be some problems using other versions of Daemon Tools so this is kinda problematic.

I've used Chankast Alpha025 but it has some problem of repeatedly going back to the "Dreamcast" and twirl logo. I've already mounted the image (using Daemon Tools 4.03) checked whether the Drive Config is correct (which it is) and the Configure Plugins are:

CDRom Plugin: CDRom Interface aspi

Input Plugin: Input Interface by ElSemi

I also used a FrogAspi to avoid the IOControl Error which would be due to the fact I'm using D-Tools 4.03 instead of 3.29 (which don't work). However when I get to the spinning disc part and from that to the portion of the emulator which has the following options:

Play
Music
File
Settings

When I select 'Play', the screen fades to black and returns to the 'Dreamcast' twirl logo (BTW the spiral is blue, indicating it is European version). I've tried different stuff like getting the Bios for the US Japanese version (red twirl) which haven't been used by the emu, altering the Configuration Plugins, changing the Cable Type to NTSC but nothing seems to work and it keeps repeating the same problem over and over.

I still haven't tried getting bios, that have not been used by the emu (something mentioned in the FAQ), of the Europian version (Blue spiral, I tried the with US-Jap Red spiral). Also, I haven't tried running the game's virtual image in the other two versions of Chankast (Chankast Alpha 0.2 with the old gfx and Chankast_new_alpha_gfx).
But I can't get these other versions to work since I can't use D-Tools 3.29, so I always recieve the "ioControl" error and for some very odd reason, the FrogAspi doesn't work this time.

My System Specs:

Operating System- MicroSoft Win XP Professional
Graphic card- ATI Radeon X550
System type- X-86 Based PC
Processor- x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
Version- 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Manufacturer- Intel

If someone could tell me how to run the game in Chankast 0.25 without the 'fading to black and returning to the Bios screen' error or run the game in the other two versions successfully, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, since Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact is in the compatibility list, surely it can be run in Chankast so I'd really appreciate it if someone, who has successfully executed and tested the game, can give me the step-by-step instructions to get this thing to work, I'd be extremely thankful.

Many thanks
-Rydium41

Senti_al

Banned
i remember this problem that i had ..waz a long time ago but if i remember correctly ...

wen i mounted my rom image on the desired virtual drive ...u must make sure that u have not only mounted the image but it is loaded on the drive also because the first time u run daemon tools on the pc and u mount an image on it ..it jus mounts it ..not loads it . u can tell if it is properly loaded and 'ready to play' by right clicking the icon in the taskbar virtual cd/dvd and somewhere there u should see eject tray..if u see this then its loaded properly but if u see load tray then click it

OP
R

Rydium-41

I am using Daemon Tools 4.03.

After I have installed D-Tools 4.03, there is a red-thunder disc icon in my Taskbar.

I right-clicked the icon and selected 'Virtual CD/DVD-ROM' and mounted the file (It is mounted on H:). I have seen your suggestion but the 'fade to black and return to the Dreamcast logo' error is still there.

I right-clicked the icon, selected 'Virtual CD/DVD-ROM' and selected the games mounted file. I see the 'Eject tray' tab (which you said might mean that the game is properly loaded) but when I run Chankast and go the 'Play, Music, Settings and File' portion and select 'Play', the screen still fades to black and returns to the Dreamcast logo.

I've tried Ejecting tray and then Loading traying but still the same problem :( .

The Eject tray is present:

eject.bmp.jpg

I really need help in getting this to work!

Thanks.
-Rydium41

OP
R

Rydium-41

u arent even suppose to get carried to the menu screen wit the music,options etc ..http://www.CHECK THE RULES OUT :p/

did u get the bios and other files there...if not go there and start trying out the bios files

I've downloaded all the stuff from that site and have tried all the things but still no luck :( .

How did you get your game to work?

A step-by-step procedure would really be appreciated.

Thanks
-Rydium41

Last edited by a moderator: