What's new

Game Movies

A Movie to a Game: your Oppinion?

• Totally Crap! I would never look such a movie.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • It's interesting to see, how it's in the cinema.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • It never can be like the game, it's just a movie.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Most of them are better then the games...

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hey guys... a little poll.
Today I go to cinema and want to look the new Resident Evil Apocalipse Movie. Did someone already has seen this movie? It's out since 23rd September here in Germany and has got some mixed ratings.

And how is your oppinion about movies to games?
Only for making money with the name, a fine expansion to the gameplay/the game or just crap?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It is an intresting concept. Though I rarely do they get better than the games. Games to movies and movies to games just don't match.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Video game movies are quite interesting, its not easy to adapt something like that into a good movie, Resident evil the movie was very good... so i think it's possible to make a good movie... Final fantasy was poor but watchable.. mario's movie was quite rubbish, it all depends.

Last edited:

IceWarm

The thing about making a game into a movie is it is not really a good idea to have it be exactly like the game. That way people who have played the game know everything and it won't be anything new.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I actually just saw RE1. I enjoyed it a lot, I never played all the way through RE 1 but there are a lot of similarities and a lot of differences too. I'm almost afraid to see 2, because I played RE 2 through about 8 times, and loved it every time, its one of the few PSX games I still have.

The problem with video game movies is, they aren't made by video game players/creators. They're liscenced by their creators and then made by the same people who make movies like the fast and the furious or speed. Big Budget films based on action and effects and not what the game is really about. They're supposedly making a Metroid movie, and I cower at the thought of what they're going to do to ruin it.

If you want anymore proof they constantly ruin video game movies, here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419706/

DOOM the Movie, slated to release next year, has NOTHING to do with the story of the game, (which is irrelevant anyways) and features the rock, who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. It won't be a horror flick, it's going to a revenge/love story, and I'm going to have to kill the creators.

gokuss4

Meh...
I thought the first Mortal Kombat movie was good, but the 2nd one sucked. I liked the RE 2 Apocalypse movie. The first one was not as good. Even if you've played RE 2, and RE 3, the RE 2 apocalypse movie is still ok. As far as movies going into video games, the only great game to do that was Goldeneye.

Stezo2k

S-2K
it's interesting to see how they turn out, i watched RE 2 round a friend's house, i found it quite entertaining :) better than the 1st

Eagle

aka Alshain
Deja Vu. I could have sworn we have done this before :p Anyway, I think Final Fantasy was cool, but most others didnt.

revl8er

That Damn Good
as far as movies going into video games, the only great game to do that was Goldeneye

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the movie made before the game? Really there isn't no problem with making a game into a movie if they change the story. I for one don't want to know how the movie ends before I watch it. That's why I liked the resident evil movie because it wasn't based on the game too much.

I'm almost afraid to see 2, because I played RE 2 through about 8 times, and loved it every time

Resident evil apocalypse wasn't based on Resident evil 2 one bit. It was more based on Resident Evil Nemesis but it still had it's differences.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Eagle said:
Deja Vu. I could have sworn we have done this before :p Anyway, I think Final Fantasy was cool, but most others didnt.

I agree, the movie was cool, but I probably only think that because I don't care about the stories in FF* because I hated them all. (except 10)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I thought that RE was kinda meh. The infamous twat shot in the end must've appealed to all sorts of snotty Japanese 12 year old fans of the source material, but as a zombie movie it wasn't that good.

IceWarm

The Doom movie sounds incredibly lame. If they were to make a movie actually based on the game there is only one person who should play the main character...Bruce Campbell, bottom line.

Jakob

evil *******
re2 just provides a virtual version of my city(toronto) getting nuked.. although they edited out quite a few things to disguise it..

So I would have expected vamp to have loved this movie, guess I was wrong

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
A little note about the RE2 movie. It wasn't as good as the first was. Action nonstop, but a little shit story and some very fucking scenes! (warning spoiler: why alice have to fight against nemesis? -o- )
Now my oppinion to Game Movies: FF was so lame, I was sleeping while watching! Tomb Raider was good, but a little bit boring (but the shower scene was good... :p), Doom will be shit and the Mario Movie was the first one ever, so don't expect to much!

gokuss4

Meh...
Mystic Gohan said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the movie made before the game?
yes I will correct you... as in your bad interpreting skills. :p I said a movie THAT WENT into a game.. as in the movie was made first.. then the game.

Jakob

evil *******
gokuss4 said:
yes I will correct you... as in your bad interpreting skills. :p I said a movie THAT WENT into a game.. as in the movie was made first.. then the game.
and for the hell of it I'll correct you as well! "a movie THAT WENT into a game" actually means a movie that was part of a game, not a movie that was later used as a premise for a game:p

Yes, I'm bored, sue me.

Eagle

aka Alshain
pAsSiVe said:
and for the hell of it I'll correct you as well! "a movie THAT WENT into a game" actually means a movie that was part of a game, not a movie that was later used as a premise for a game:p

Yes, I'm bored, sue me.

I have to agree, this topic is about games that movies were made from games, not the other way around. So why did you even mention Goldeneye gokuss4?