What's new

Gainward EXPERTool kills PJ64...

OtNife

I'm hoping someone will make sense of this...

I installed the EXPERTool utility that came with my new Gainward Geforce 2 Ti 500. This utility enables simple, safe overclocking among other things, and is deemed to be 'very handy'.

The installation was not as straightforward as I expected - I had to manually select OS drivers for the VIVO 'WDM' capabilities of the card.

But anyway.
First thing I did was start PJ64 1.4, and BLAMMO! - Completely corrupted screen (multicoloured, flickering vertical lines). Not Good.

I didn't even bother trying any other 'native' games/applications, and headed for Windows XP's System Restore, recovering to a state BEFORE installing EXPERTool. Thank Christ for that. Can't be without Diddy Kong Racing!

Anyone know where I'm coming from? I tried it with NVIDIA drivers 23.11 and 23.12 only. (Haven't tried any older drivers, and the new 27.30 beta is Windows 9x/Me only.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
did you succesfully overclock your GPU with the the utility, if so you might of just o/ced it to high

OP
O

OtNife

PJ64 still crashed when the clocks were set at the default rates, presumably the same rates as before I installed the utility. I even tried after closing the utilty.

The crash occurs almost immediately after starting PJ64 - even before 1.4's Rom directory appears.

I tried 1.3 as well - same prob.

Thankfully PJ64 ROCKS even without overclocking - but this is still pissing me off, as I'm sure you tech-heads can imagine!

lordvXD

back to default

Set everything back to default(I'm guessing there is an option like that). Uninstall the utility. Download nvmax(nvmax.com) and overclock to your heart's desire. For more help visit gamershq.madonion.com.