What's new

G-Force4 Speculation

ShadowFX

Guardian
I notice the GeForce 3 isn't much in favour, but yea.. now that the GeForce 4 is here I guess the GeForce 3 is out of business. Although I still find this a good card to deal with heavy GFX. BTW, it's doing an excellent job in Project64.

In my old pc which uses a GF2MX the colours are fine so your gfx card is not the problem.As for the speed, a GF4 ti4200 (which is what I have in my last pc) will only benefit a small speed increase over GF2MX only if you play at extreme high resolutions with anisotropic and antialiasing enabled.In other words the most important factor for a real speed increase in PJ64 (as well as on all other emulators) is only the CPU.

OP
RSK

RSK

fine, so how in the world do I fix this annoying problem with black vehicles?

Ok,use 21.83 drivers.Don't forget to uninstall first your current ones.If that doesn't fix then it is a "no go" for you.And make sure that everything on Project is on default.

ShadowFX

Guardian
I can't believe that whenever there's a new NVIDIA Driver release that on the old card the performance or quality can decrease. Weird stuff.

Josep

eyerun4phun
RSK said:
so shall I stick with 4200, 4400, or 4600 GF4 ? and whats the prize for them? and are there a particulair type I shall choose? and is 1200 mhz even enough to get the full potential out of a GF4?

prices have dropped insanely with gf4 cards lately, in my humble opinion;) it would work just fine with your 1200mhz, just make sure you have enough ram to support it;)

OP
RSK

RSK

prices have dropped insanely with gf4 cards lately, in my humble opinion it would work just fine with your 1200mhz, just make sure you have enough ram to support it

so do I ?

kael

if you wanna get a gf4 go for the {MSI GeFORCE 4 TI 4600}
it's consider the best video card.
getting a new video card it's an important matter so do it right.
go for the best and enjoy a long time of quality games
if you wanna see the card try using internal transforms