What's new

Future estimated specs for dolphin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gekko385

Thanks to the admin for helping me register first off, second hello to all, third my question.

After dolphin is released and optimized really well what kind of system would u need to run most games at a modest 15-30fps???

Any guesses???

Ill be happy if i can just run games at 20 fps (some games ill want to play just for the hell of it regardless if its slow as hell or not)

My specs AMD XP 2.01 ghz
geforce4 mx 420 64 mb 5.6 GB/s b-w
256 ddr ram

Last edited:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Radeon 21000 768mb
Intel Pentium 6
AMD XP 10.3 ghz

...... There are no future specs available, seeing as how we do not know what the companies are currently working on. I just pulled those specs out of the back of my mind. XD Either way, a CPU that will be released in 2006 should be able to handle some of it; probably all of it. Only time will tell.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Perhaps. And perhaps not. It does draw cpu power, but even with extremly fast processors, we still do not get much performance. It might need special functions and probably LOTS and LOTS of optimizations.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
ALl GC emus are only ULTRA ULTRA HLE emus, but you have to have a very good machine to handle these HLE, too!
If there are the next generation of GC emus out, we will need a much bigger system, so wait up to 5 years and you probably can handle some function, but definitely not all!

Status
Not open for further replies.