What's new

Future compatibility and bug fixes

BlackIchor

I saw a post that the next version of 1964 would be coming out some time soon a little while back. I'm not sure if this particular forum is the right place for this question, which is aimed at the creators of 1964, but here goes....did they make any progress in making Donkey Kong 64 and Yoshi's Story more playable in the upcoming version?

Someone awhile back posted a thread stating that it was unlikely that DK64 would ever work properly on an emulator, which I hope is untrue, but if it is...I'll have to settle for getting an old copy of it for a N64. DK64 is listed in the 1964 startup menu as playable, but unfortunately, during play, even after disabling the appropriate options to stop the spastic camera, the game screen goes blank when Donkey Kong enters a character change barrel or a teleporter and basically freezes up.

Yoshi's Story plays at a decent speed for half of the first stage, then becomes so choppy and slow that it is totally unplayable.

Sorry if the post regarding those two games is in the wrong place...I'm not looking for tech help on them, as I know that I did everything possible to ensure that they run smoothly (using the correct drivers and disabling the appropriate options when necessary). Just wondering, because those were a couple of my favorites for the N64 (along with Banjo-Kazooie, and the Zelda games). If there's a WIP page for 1964, that might answer my question too. Thanks for listening! :)

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
I could see what you mean, but that sort of issue is difficult at best, and many just tend to push it to the side for the reason that it's hard to do...remember the whole "Lens of Truth" issue in PJ64? It's like that...

OP
B

BlackIchor

...remember the whole "Lens of Truth" issue in PJ64? It's like that...[/QUOTE]

Hmm...not familiar with that one. What's the Lens of Truth?

karth95

Lord of the Cats
fyi, in dk64, by adjusting the counter factor, you can fix the barrel issue. CTRL+1-8 allows you to switch it in-game. I think a cf of 4 resolves most of the freeze-up issue. (I think it's ctrl 1 - 8, it might be ctrl + f1-f8).