What's new

Furious Famicon F*

TheNascent

Man I'm starting to believe everything he said. XD I just deleted all my Zelda Roms and savegames. It was a liberating moment: For the firs time in my life I stopped playing a game that wasn't fun. Usually I have to beat them anyways.

But then I realized that I didn't really want to play any other game I had. There's a different issue with each game. Pokemon games are BORING AS SHIT, and they seem to have terrible glitches.

I already beat Mario64 8 thousand time, plus I no longer have the coordination to play it.

Etc. There's something different about every video game ever made that makes it suck.

But Zelda really got to me. I played it the longest, and came the closest to having fun. WoW was torture, but at least it only got like 9 months of my life. (LOL) I've been playing Zelda games off and on since they came out.

And I've always wondered: How can you think that's fun? Sure, games should be challenging. StarSiege (The only ever made that does not suck.) is challenging. But Zelda is not challenging. It is insanely easy. You can play most of the game without opening your eyes. AND THEN BAM. You don't know the exact sequence of events necessary to get to ONE room in a dungeon.

It's like there's a password you need to beat it. The only way to beat a Zelda game is to either cheat off of someone else's hard work, or to spend hours and hours doing the same, pathetically easy things over and over and over so that after thirty minutes of cake-walking you can die (Or in Majora's Mask, which is 1000 times worse than all the others, RUN OUT OF TIME.) at the last moment in order to learn ONE POSSIBLE COMBINATION THAT DOES NOT WORK.

SERIOUSLY. Either I'm the only one that doesn't think exactly the way the creators do, (which is a possibility I am willing to accept) OR you people (people who like Zelda and keep BUYING the same game over and over and over) think its fun to use a walkthrough OR you are just gluttons for punishment.

If I'm going to fail, let me fail because I'm not good enough. Like in Starsiege. Or a FPS. (Most of which suck for their own reasons.)

Seriously. Just answer me that. How does anyone think this is fun? Why would you buy that?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well personally, I enjoy most Zelda games with the exception of a few such as Majora's Mask and WW, but the rest were pretty good, even the GBA ones. My favorite has to be Link to the Past for the SNES. Though the game is easy it's a classic to me, it's kinda like Super Mario Brothers 3, it's not that hard of a game, but it's extremely fun and when I play it I become nostalogic.

I know I'm not the only one on these forums either, I'm sure there are many people here who prefer the older games than these new ones. I mean you have most of the older people who enjoy playing games such as Tetris, Pacman, and Galaga which are 3 games that I enjoy very much even though there is no story to those games. Then you have games such as Chrono Trigger, Zelda OOT, Final Fantasy 7, Star Wars KOTOR, Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2, etc which I can just play over and over. If you haven't played those yet, then give it a shot.

OP
T

TheNascent

Dude THANK YOU for your response. When I actually read what I posted I sounded so lame! Ranting! No! I apologize and retract.

But yeah, I've played every 3d game you mentioned except for FF7 and Chrono Trigger. I'm not gonna whine about what's wrong with every game.

It just seems that, for every failure in a given game, there is a game that gets it right. We need a big conference so every game designer on earth can agree not to make crap anymore. KoTOR was one of the best games. I liked it. KoTOR 2 as well.

I guess I'm really just realizing that I'm not the same person I once was and N64 games REALLY are kind of lame.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I wouldn't say that all N64 games were lame. There were a lot of them that were lame, but then you have games such as Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Zelda OOT, Conker's BFD, Mystical Ninja, Star Fox 64, and Perfect Dark to name a few off the top of my head.

Also since you haven't played FF7 and Chrono Trigger, I would recommend you give those a shot. Chrono Trigger is IMO better than KOTOR and I probably played KOTOR the most out of any game ever. I have yet to finish FF7 though, haven't played enough of it to finish it yet though I am on the 2nd disk.