What's new

Fullscreen Mode and Accessing Cheats

Rychem28

Maybe it is just my computer, but I can't seem to be able to access the cheat menu while the emulator is running fullscreen.

In order to get there I have to window the emu, then open the cheat menu.

Is this how PJ64 is supposed to work? Or is there something I am missing?

Thanks.

:unsure:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well that sucks. Any idea why that is?
Is it a such huge inconvenience to return to windowed mode, enable/disable any cheats you want and get back into the game? I don't recall many emulators that would have you directly access a cheat menu built-in to the GUI while fullscreen, unless the emulator had a tailored in-game menu that can be called at any time, whether or not the emulator is in fullscreen. (ala MAME).

No, I don't know why Project64 works that way.

Last edited:

dragonflame2239

It takes me an extra 10 seconds to go from full screen mode to regular screen mode, activate/de-active any cheat(s) I want, then go back to full screen mode. Are you telling me that you're really that impatient, that you can't spare 10 seconds?

OP
R

Rychem28

It really has nothing to do with laziness. As I imagine some users run PJ64 from a front end. Having to exit the fullscreen and go to windowed mode, causes crashes in both the FE and PJ64.

Most emulators that I know of support this kind of feature (popular emu's for other platforms). It is nice to have consistency, as well as the illusion that the window environment is hidden and that the actual hardware is being emulated.

vietnamtravel

It really has nothing to do with laziness. As I imagine some users run PJ64 from a front end. Having to exit the fullscreen and go to windowed mode, causes crashes in both the FE and PJ64.

Most emulators that I know of support this kind of feature (popular emu's for other platforms). It is nice to have consistency, as well as the illusion that the window environment is hidden and that the actual hardware is being emulated.

me too!