What's new

FSAA and windowed mode.

Mmk. So i've almost always used pj64 with rice's or jabo's in windowed mode with 4xAA and 8xAF with no problems... up until recently that is. Now for some reason with the same settings ive always used in windowed mode my fps is like...1-5 fps in any game and i cant figure out why. especially since not much on my pc has changed since about a week or 2 ago when it was fine and i also edited no settings in pj64 or the plugins prior to that.(none that i remember atleast)

Now, it does work fine with those settings in full screen and with 1964 in windowed mode but... I prefer windowed cause i can deal with IM's and winamp(and any other multitasking) alot easier that way. i also know i could use 1964 instead but a couple of the games i'm trying to play are *slightly* more stable in pj64 than 1964. Thus why im using pj64.

So anyway... on to the question.. anyone have any idea why it suddenly decided to slow to a crawl with windowed and AA and only in pj64?

My specs are down below in the sig if needed btw.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
make sure there are no java enabled IE/FF windows opened as Java 14+ uses hardware acceleration (and this causes a slowdown in APIs in windowed mode)

when you got to full screen it locks the API...

otherwise, it could be something enirely different such as drivers or something...