What's new

Framerate boosting in next release?

Azumah

I saw on wikipedia that the next release may include "Real 60 frames per second in games".

Can anyone tell me what's going on with this? Would all games run at 60fps with a fast enough PC?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I'm official beta tester, but also don't know what's meant by this, but you should already know, that wikipedia is editable by anyone... btw: why did you create that much threads in the N64 emulator subboards, nearly asking for the same: 60FPS?
It depends on the games, how it's coded how fast or slow a game will run. You should also read about what's the difference between VI/s and FPs.

OP
A

Azumah

Well, I posted on the 1964 board because it was the emu modified to run "overclocked". I posted over here when I read that the feature might also be available in PJ64 some day.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
There's a thread somewhere about this. Someone modified the open 1964 code to run games at 60fps, even when they're coded to go slower, without an increase in actual game speed. I don't remember exactly, I'll try to find the thread. I think it got closed because it somehow turned into a flame war.

Edit: Never mind, MasterPHW already told you in the 1964 forum. Link

Last edited: