What's new

Frame Buffer Effect

kolo7127

I'm Having trouble getting the extra screens working, i.e. the jumbo tron in mario kart and the picture of link in the OoT subscreen. I've folled the help file instructions. check emulate frame buffer and the frame buffer check in rom settings blah blah blah. it is still not workining. Can any body tell me what i need to do to get it to work?

Clements

Did you check self-rendered textures? That's what enables Link's picture. If that isn't working, your video card drivers are at fault. I can't get Link's picture working because of a driver problem, but Jabo's plugin works fine with 1964 for some odd reason. Also, try using plugins besides Jabo's plugin. State your system specs particularly which graphics card you have.

OP
K

kolo7127

yes self rendered textures is checked. I'm running a eVga 5700le O/c 300 485, on a shuttle nforce 2 ultra 400 with a amd 2400+ xp and 512 megs of 266 ddr xp os

Clements

Almost certainly the driver problem I'm having. I suggest switching to 1964 and using either Jabo's plugin or Direct64 0.5 Alpha. Direct64 in particular will work wonders with Mario Kart and Zelda with high resolution framebuffer. You can pick it up from the Plugins forum (with the latest release, Orkinsampling and Similate Overscan doesn't work properly, so leave those unchecked).