What's new

FPS Problems ?

dasbaum

Hi,
i've got problems with my FPS. I launched Zelda OoT and PJ64 shows constant 50FPS, thats Okay. But it seems to run slower. I started Fraps to look for the right FPS .. It showed me constant 50 FPS. Can I force the FPS that the Game runs a bit "quicker" ?

Sorry for my english :p

Baum

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
thats coz the N64 only rended at like 18 fps... or something...

im sure clements will pipe in with the answer sooner or later.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
mabe you have an NTSC N64? each region should run at same speed on PJ64 and N64.

OP
D

dasbaum

Okay. But I have still another another question. Can I double the speed of the play? Or triple ? I don't mean the FPS. I mean the Game speed.

Allnatural

dasbaum said:
Okay. But I have still another another question. Can I double the speed of the play? Or triple ? I don't mean the FPS. I mean the Game speed.
Would require reprogramming the game I suppose. In other words, no.

OP
D

dasbaum

But with the SNES Emulator you can increase the Speed of the game if you press "+" . Why reprogram the game ?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Snes is not nintendo 64. Do not compare apples and oranges. Different systems works differently.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
dasbaum said:
But with the SNES Emulator you can increase the Speed of the game if you press "+" . Why reprogram the game ?
You can get a similar effect by disabling the FPS Limit. But that sppeds up the emulation in general, not just the game. The speed of the game has been hardcoded into it.

Last edited:
OP
D

dasbaum

How can I deactivate the limiter? Can't I use a external Limiter and set the FPS Limit to 40 or 50 ?

And another Question.
Can I use the Mouse to look around in the Game ? Its easier as with the Controller :(

Doomulation

dasbaum said:
How can I deactivate the limiter?
Yes, read the manual.

dasbaum said:
Can't I use a external Limiter and set the FPS Limit to 40 or 50 ?
No, pj can't do that. However, mupen can.

dasbaum said:
And another Question.
Can I use the Mouse to look around in the Game ? Its easier as with the Controller :(
You can change the controls to use the mouse for movement, yes. Use n-rage's plugin and simply slide the mouse when configuring the controls.

OP
D

dasbaum

Hmm okay its a bit difficult. I want to walk with the Gamepad and Aim with the Mouse. Is there a possibility to invert the X or the Y Axe from the Mouse ?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
dasbaum said:
Hmm okay its a bit difficult. I want to walk with the Gamepad and Aim with the Mouse. Is there a possibility to invert the X or the Y Axe from the Mouse ?
The N-Rage Input plugin is able to do that via Modifiers.

Doomulation

No, that's wrong. The CF does _NOT_ increase speed, but changes timing. I do not recommend changing them unless instructed to do so.
Sometimes, changing CF may cause a game to be a little smoother, and run faster, but not always.

Masacroso

Doomulation said:
No, that's wrong. The CF does _NOT_ increase speed, but changes timing. I do not recommend changing them unless instructed to do so.
Sometimes, changing CF may cause a game to be a little smoother, and run faster, but not always.

No, isn´t wrong, CF 2 double the speed in all roms that i have tested, but CF1 double the FPS without changing the speed.

CF1=smooth play
CF2=double speed (the game run the double of fast)

P.S.:changing the timing is a way to change the speed

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Masacroso, that's only sort of right. CF2 does not in general double the FPS, except in particular cases, but CF1 *is* generally smoother and raises system requirements. people should *not* just go and change all the CFs to 1, it will cause problems. only in games where it both helps and doesn't cause problems is CF1 recommended. the problem is the effects are very game specific.