What's new

FPS problem in Sonic Adventure 2

Pras

When I play Sonic Adventure 2, I get anywhere from 30-50 FPS. While this isn't bad and certainly playable, I'd like to know whether it's possible to keep it constant at 50 or even get it to run perfectly. If you think I need an upgrade, tell me what you think I need to upgrade. Thank you for your help.

My specs are:
P4 2.8 GHz
1 GB DDR
ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB
(If i'm missing any important specs, lemme know)

P.S I'm not sure whether these are the minor graphics issues the compatibility list talks about but I also get some weird things blocking the way when i stand completely still sometimes. Is there any way to stop this?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
When I tried Sonic Adventure 2, I also got some strange graphics corruption. You could try overclocking the Dreamcast CPU to see if that helps keeping the fps constant (wouldn't count on that though).

OP
P

Pras

Yea I saw that the graphics problems I have are similar to the ones of those who have a GeForce Video card. I don't know whether it's just my computer or something but I have the same problems even with my Radeon card.

Thanks for the idea. I tried over and underclocking but I really didn't notice any significant difference. Maybe it's the input or something because when I play games like MvC 2 the demos, even the ones that show in-game action go at 60 fps but when I actually play it goes down to 45-50. Any other ideas anyone?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Pras said:
Maybe it's the input or something because when I play games like MvC 2 the demos, even the ones that show in-game action go at 60 fps but when I actually play it goes down to 45-50?
I'd say that seems pretty normal. The fps is hardly ever constant in *most* playable games anyway.

Last edited: