What's new

For Rice's unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel. 2 bugs report

Davemc

Dave
hmm, i have win98 and win2k, but in win2k, PJ64 says unable to initilise unofficial daedelus plugin.. etc

zorbid

dayve said:
hmm, i have win98 and win2k, but in win2k, PJ64 says unable to initilise unofficial daedelus plugin.. etc
Stupid question here: do you have DX8 installed in win2k?

Duncan

N64 Addict
1) theres known problems with 1964 0.8.3c.
2) there are still known Z-Buffer probs with the plugin.
3) make sure you have the custom RSP.dll, as it has a "Bypass Errors" option:
Original RSP.dll will report errors when it comes to unknown or unimplemented opcodes, and it can not continue after the error.
If this option is turned on, such errors will not be reported and the opcodes will be just ignore. Of course, there will be unknown side effects by doing such bypass. So try it by yourself.
(and i notice if it isnt used, crashes/hangs happen very frequently :)
4) there isnt two "Double Buffer Copy" entries in the plugin, the drop down box is a bit short (width wise) if you look they are both different. :)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Here is what the "Double Buffer Copy" looks like to me

D3DpluginREL2.gif

I did check out the source just now and can see one is "Double Buffer copy" and the other "Double Buffer Copy Sync".

I just can't tell which is which. I assume the top one is the default?

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
The second is "Double Buffer Copy / Sync", it is slower than "Double Buffer Copy".

Eddy

I Run This
two more bugs,

1. when coming out of full screen, only the gui with the rom entries is visible, but the vi/fps counter is still moving, as well as the registers. If you go back into full screen, you can see the game again. Doesnt happen wit jabo.

2. When coming out of full screen, the plugin remains in the full screen resolution, until you click outside the window of the program, where it then proceeds to shut down, and return the older resolution. Doesnt happen wit jabo.

Eddy

I Run This
Suggestion: The 1964 main window should be independent from the plugin. Be its own window, instead of being controlled by plugins.

For example, 1964 could have its own resolution, at a desired size, and when the game is started, the main window is hidden and a new one is brought, that would be the plugin window.

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I've found some graphical glitches in Yoshi's Story with the Daedalus Direct3D8 Rel. 2 graphics plugin. First of all, it's absolutely fantastic that people are working on it to get games like Yoshi's Story work, I really appreciate it. But now the bug..

The textures in Yoshi's Story aren't aligned well; you have to wait, say 4 seconds, and then the textures are placed in their right position. This doesn't let you play the game well. I made a small gif animation of the situation. First, the textures are misplaced, and in frame 10 they jump back to their proper positions. As soon as you move left/right and the scenery moves out of the screen, it's going back to another weird position. Maybe this would help you Rice? But you probably know of this problem, or am I the only one who has it?

Oh, and one small glitch; Yoshi's shadow is white instead of black. Keep on developing the Daedalus plugin though, it's gonna be great!

StonedConker

REF simulated pure hw vp

when i try to start a game with daedalus plugin(after the releases 0.8..i didn't have any probl with 0.7 releases)this thing appears at the status bar :REF simulated pure hw vp(down)and the framerate keeps falling(it starts at 45 and it goes to 0.6).I suspect that the plugin turns on software mode but not use the hardware.My gfx card is a voodoo3 2000.Please if there is a way to fix this problem.....I remind that with 0.07b release everything was ok.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Its been mentioned here many times the Unofficial DaedalusD3D8 plugin is developed for "nVidia cards", and also needs DirectX 8.1, so its not going to work with a Voodoo based card.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
basically it should say ur gfx card rather than 'REF (simulated pure hw vp)'. thats definitely an indication to tell u ur gfx card is not supported. it worked in 0.07 cos that was a dx7 release, which is supported by voodoo cards. however dx8 is not, and therefore theres no chance of seeing this plugin working properly unless u buy a supported gfx card.

StonedConker

sk8bloke22 said:
basically it should say ur gfx card rather than 'REF (simulated pure hw vp)'. thats definitely an indication to tell u ur gfx card is not supported. it worked in 0.07 cos that was a dx7 release, which is supported by voodoo cards. however dx8 is not, and therefore theres no chance of seeing this plugin working properly unless u buy a supported gfx card.

yeah but first of all i must fix my damaged car,
i need to find a job i guess :)
anyway that's what i thought about the problem
back to jabo's