What's new

For people with Radeon 9600 pro, did you have problems with the new Catalyst drivers?

EmuLu

Well ,I mean, I got the card on june and the cd came with the 3.10 drivers.
Now I updated to Xp and the card works just perfect, games dont crash NEVER but only with the 3.10 version and desktop on 1024 like the game. I just tried the Omgea drivers and the official ones and they give me problems. Is that normal?
My pc is this one:

Ati Radeon 9600 Pro 256 RAM
U8068 Agp4x Via chipset
latest Via drivers installed
Maximun setting for everything and only 128 RAM ddr instaleed! (unveliebable)
lots of space.

Thanks for the help, I got no problem with the card exept from some litlle graphic problems on Warcraft3 frozen throne in the dark zones :)!

ROYGBIV

You tried the 4.8's? With or without the new CCC?

The new CCC has been causing problems with some people. I would download the 4.8 with the old CP. I myself use the Omega 4.8's.

-Shadow-

Banned
You should try it without the CCC , especially for the health of your eyes ! The CCC has a bug in the built-in refresh fix , so you get that 60-Hz-Flicker-rate bug on OpenGL again :x Just because of this i won't ever use CCC until it's fixed !!

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
The Cats are appauling drivers, I'm using 3.9 at the moment because the rest are so shit it's unreal. You report bugs to ATI and they don't fix them :p

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
vampireuk said:
The Cats are appauling drivers, I'm using 3.9 at the moment because the rest are so shit it's unreal. You report bugs to ATI and they don't fix them :p

Catalyst 4.4 was definitely good for me, at least if you have the W1zzard Catalyst 4.4 driver package, which is at: http://softmod.techpowerup.com. Used to be at: http://softmod.ocfaq.com .

Also, that was with my Radeon 9000 Pro 64 MB DDR video card, which is a pixel shader 1x video card.

Last edited:

Reznor007

I use Catalyst 4.8 on my 9600 just fine. The 4.x series have been better than the 3.x series for me.