What's new

For anyone that's beta-testing 8.4..

MonolithTyriss

Hey all. I've been using 0.7.3 for a bit, as per schibo's suggestion. And I've managed to find the Zelda lock-up bug again.. the same one everyone keeps telling me doesn't exist! Not sure about Majora's Mask, but it does happen in Ocarina of Time. Deku Tree, or the first dungeon of the game. The emu will play the first part fine, and get you into the tree, and even let you collect all items and get to the end of the dungeon. But as -soon- as link opens the door that leads to the boss for the dungeon's room, an steps inside.. the emu crashes! Which means that as of now Zelda: OoT is totally unplayable without some kind of patch or cheat that skips the first dungeon boss.. an possibly every boss in the game (since every boss causes these odd cut-scenes, like during the opening of the game.. and it seems it's when those are supposed to play that the emu is crashing) The fact that Zelda will at least boot and play, and allow you to do everything but walk through that door is making me think it's an emu problem.. something to do with the code that loads those cut-scenes.. but it seems odd that the cut-scenes for the -opening- of the game never crash it.. only the pre-boss scenes? If anyone else has experienced a similar problem, or has managed to start from the opening of the game and play -through- the Deku tree, thus leaving the Kokiri forest for the first time, let me know! Thanks for all your help an time. Bai!

System: AMD T-bird 1.4ghz, 256mb DDR mem Geforce2MX 400, WinXP Pro, Sound Blaster Live 5.1, settings available upon request..

Ryoga

Lost
Hmmm...
Only thing I can think of that's different in the bosses room is the fog. If your using Jabo's video plugin, try turning off the fog emulation. If your not using Jabo's plugin then try using it.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
it could be ur version of zelda. wats the exact rom name....

i,e mine is Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!]

possibly 1964 isnt compatible with all rom versions. not too sure, cos ive definitely got further in zelda with 1964.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Well, I've encountered a complete freeze before even getting to the deku tree.. not sure why, it just stops cold without even being able to alt+f4 out of the emu. Sux having to reset (using glide64, and so you can't do jack) just to freeze over and over. I'm using v1.2 [!], so maybe I should try 1.0[!] instead...

OP
MonolithTyriss

MonolithTyriss

Ah, okay. Seems this version thing may be the problem. I'd used a rom-renamer before to check up on my images.. see if any had problems. Every one I had was properly renamed with version number, country, etc.. except Zelda. Just came out zelda.v64, just like it was named before the renamer did anything with it. Perhaps a bad dump, ah well! Thanks for the help guys.

OP
MonolithTyriss

MonolithTyriss

Well, okay, check that! It's not a bad dump. This is what the name is: -> Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!].v64 <- Any ideas if that's an incompatible version or not.. an if it is if that's been fixed in 8.4? Thanks for your time!

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
MonolithTyriss said:
Well, okay, check that! It's not a bad dump. This is what the name is: -> Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!].v64 <- Any ideas if that's an incompatible version or not.. an if it is if that's been fixed in 8.4? Thanks for your time!

No, It still doesnt work... :) (Notice anything?)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
hmm.. just got v1.2 to test with 1964 8.4. it seems that the sound plays, but no graphics appear. it works in pj64 but there are strange errors that pop up out of no where