What's new

Flame coronas and the menu aren't working right in OoT

SeymourOmnis

This is what I get with glide 64 wonder, depth render turned on:

my.php

And no plugin shows Link correctly in the menu (maybe a framebuffer plugin?)

With Jabo's 1.6:
my.php

With Jabo's 1.5.2:
my.php

With Glide 64, HFBE turned off (when on, it looks worse):
my.php

Direct64 is what best approaches, it shows perfectly the menu when idle:
ImageShack - Hosting :: thelegendofzelda00xb2.png

but when I change shields, something weird happens:
ImageShack - Hosting :: thelegendofzelda01oz6.png

I'll post more pics with different plugins, but meanwhile, what could cause the problem? I'm using an 8800GTX with the latest forceware drivers.

Last edited:

Tre

Oops. Died again.
I'm using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 at present, and while I have almost no graphic errors, the only one I get has Link becoming a white block for a moment (about five seconds tops) when switching his armor. It's a common error, it seems, and nothing that I'm really worried about.

I don't know, but maybe they are working on a fix for this "error" in the future.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the only plugin i can get Zelda to look decent on (bar the item screen image of link, it looks pixellated on Rice video,.. and jabo's plugins don't show it on video cards newer then the Geforce FX or Radeon 9800)

is Rice Video

both Glide64 and Jabo's Dx8 have issues with certain things

one of them i noticed was that on the hill outside Lon Lon ranch, links feet actually look like they are below the dirt :|.. its like theres a thin layer of fog over the top, where as on Rice Video, links feet are ontop of the dirty.

oh btw,

Nothing higher then the FX series, shows the Item menu link properly on the Jabo plugins

Last edited:

Clements

I had Link working in the menus using much older drivers and Jabo's D3D8 1.6 close to the release of PJ64 1.6, so the white block thing could be a driver problem. Using a 6 series card or above with recent drivers does indeed turn Link into a white block.

OP
S

SeymourOmnis

with Rice it looks very awful in the menu, that's why I didn't list it. Well, it seems that Direct64 pretty does a good job in newer nvidia cards, it isn't perfect, but meh.

Also, how can I fix the flame coronas on top of the mountain???

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
geez, its emulation, it'll never be perfect

N64's don't even render the same way, im pretty sure its been said they render in squares instead of triangles.. (or was that playstation :|)