What's new

Firefox error

Onion

Dirty Communist
I continually get an error message from Firefox that says "There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a disc into drive A:\" whenever I try and download a file. Any file. All the time. Without fail. The funny part is, I'm trying to save the files to the C: drive. The message will pop-up with three options "Continue", "Try Again", and "Cancel". Regardless of which one I click on, the download will continue but the error message will keep popping up, the download pausing whenever it does. It's virtually impossible for me to download large files or save them to where I want them (they all save to the temporary files folder) because of this problem and earlier the browser crashed because of it. The download options are set to "Ask me where to save every file" and I even upgraded from 0.9.1 to 0.9.2 and it still happens! I can't even save pictures without this error happening. Can somebody tell me what the Hell is going on?

Last edited:

smcd

I've gotten that before in IE if I previously saved something to a floppy then removed it, and downloaded something else... but it eventually went away. Check the bug reports for firefox, and if not submitted, submit?

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Put a diskette in your drive, and in the next time you download a file, save in C:
Check Tools > Options > Download too......
this happened for me 2 years ago in IE5.5......i solved with the method above....

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Onion said:
I continually get an error message from Firefox that says "There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a disc into drive A:\" whenever I try and download a file. Any file. All the time. Without fail. The funny part is, I'm trying to save the files to the C: drive. The message will pop-up with three options "Continue", "Try Again", and "Cancel". Regardless of which one I click on, the download will continue but the error message will keep popping up, the download pausing whenever it does. It's virtually impossible for me to download large files or save them to where I want them (they all save to the temporary files folder) because of this problem and earlier the browser crashed because of it. The download options are set to "Ask me where to save every file" and I even upgraded from 0.9.1 to 0.9.2 and it still happens! I can't even save pictures without this error happening. Can somebody tell me what the Hell is going on?

That error message likely isn't even a Mozilla Firefox error message. It's likely an error message from Windows, chiefly if using Windows XP or Windows 2000, bitching at you about no disk, because of Windows deciding to search the floppy disk drive.