What's new

FF7 Weird Sound Problem

Viruk

While playing FF7 on the ESPXE emulator. I noticed the sound to be a bit weird, everything had the same beat but not all the instruments are there.
I got to junon and heard the shinra march. I hear the beat, the weird trumpet like instrument, but not the flute I guess you could say.
Im running it as an .ISO, I tried running it as a cd but still no difference. I've also used basically every good sound plugin out there (eternals my favourite so far).
Also the cutscenes have no sound (im guessing its a related problem) Anyone have any thoughts? I would appreciate it.

Steve1987

Fool for RPGs!
Are you running full screen? I got that problem whenever I used Escape and then went back into the game, until the song would change and go back to normal.

OP
V

Viruk

No I am playing the game in a 640x480 or a 800x600 window. (depends what I feel like)
I haven't tried making it fullscreen yet, mainly because fullscreen looks terrible, and I cant set the graphics any higher, stupid emachines piece of junk.
It seems that its not wanting to play a few layers of sound, and I dont know why, currently I have it muted and I've switched to listening to iron maiden instead of screwy ff7 music.

Steve1987

Fool for RPGs!
Yea, I run Delta.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say the graphics look terrible. Keep it on a TV Screen ratio and the game runs just like it would normally.

OP
V

Viruk

Im going to try this delta thing, thanks and I hope this works, if not Sonata Arctica can fill in for ff7 music.
I have an emachines non upgradeable piece of shit, it has a intel graphics controller with 32 megs of vram. Ok thats decent but it doesnt run psx games as well as a good computer, so when I do any full screen I can like count the pixels, so I keep it at a max 800x600 window.