What's new

Favorite Anime?

Alsark

What is everyone's favorite anime here? For those of you who do not know, anime is the art of Japanese cartoon making. They are often viewed as very high quality drawings. Toonami, as you may know, plays quite a lot of different anime shows. Such shows include DragonBall Z and Rurouni Kenshin.

For myself, I would have to say Trigun is mine. Trigun, although not very long, is a pretty cool show. You can watch this show on Cartoon Network at about 11:00 from Monday to Friday.

So what is your favorite anime? Why do you like this anime?

My favorite anime is teknoman. The main character Blade has a crystal that helps him transform into a fighting machine, it was one of the first anime sagas that have seen and I liked it so much I bought a copy of the whole series(dubbed) and I am currently watching it fansubbed.

teknoman11.jpg

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I see anime has made its way to EmuTalk...
hehe, i might think those who hunt elves be the best i've seen so far.

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
OOOoooooooooo, an Anime thread. :)

Robotech/Macross is my personal favorite. I'm also very fond of the McKinney novels on the show (the Sentinals could have been AWESOME!)

Voltron was great when I wore a younger man's clothes.

Movies/OAV Would have to go to Vampire Hunter D...no wait, Devil Hunter Yoko...no, Sailor Moon...no, Dirty Pair...no, Akira...

Argh! Too many to choose from!

I still don't get the appeal of Star Blazers though...

Slougi

Dragon Ball

Ok ok, I am just kidding! Don't kill me :p

I personally like Akira a lot, as well as Ghost in a Shell. I used to a huge anime fan a few years ago, now I can't even remember the name of most series :doh:

Talas

Son of the Sky
Well I think Fist of the North Star, Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll are among the best Animes out there. However, I havent seen an anime for quite some time. What can you guys recommend?

Eagle

aka Alshain
I like .hack//SIGN but Rurouni Kenshin is the best, cartoon network refuses to play the movie that introduces it though. As you know he is an ex-imperial manslayer but the first movie explores the time when he wasnt an "ex". It goes back to the war and shows you what happened. I think this is the best. I also think that Ranma 1/2 is kinda funny.

blizz

undoubtably Cowboy Bebop but I've enjoyed this little lot too:

Jin-Roh, Perfect Blue, GITS, GITS: SAC, Berserk, Noir, Azumanga Daioh, Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiments Lain, NGE, WHR, FLCL, Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal

Eagle:

Rurouni Kenshin Movie, is set after the Kyoto Arc (the last story arc in the TV series based on the manga iirc), Trust and Betrayal are names to each half of the four episode OVA series which is the prequel, there's also Reflections which is the end of Kenshin

Trust & Betrayal is by far the best of Kenshin though (I can't stand the comedy in the series)

ra5555

N64 Newbie
has anyone watched Rexphon? its good too :)

I also like Love Hina, GTO, initial D, Serial Experiment Lain