What's new

F1WGP Advert - PLEASE READ!

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Can anyone remember the TV advert for the 64 game F1 World Grand Prix?

The `Let's see that again..` one?

Well, if you know what I'm on about, do you have any ideas where I could download the advert? (even just the sound would be a start)..

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Damn. It was probably the best advert I've ever seen for a video-game. :)

Mus download it!

Macca

what about that website with the ads? i for got the url but it was a website with all funny ads from different companies. i'm sure someone knows the url

2fast4u

maybe u meant adcritic.com but they have stopped existing in their old form, plus i have a sick feeling the relaunch is gonna be some kinda pay site ???

Macca

roflmao....a quick search at google revealed this;

NINTENDO F1 WORLD GRAND PRIX GAME
Complaint from: 8 viewers

Nature of Complaint
The commercial showed two men playing the advertised game. One player repeatedly said "let's see that again" as a 2 second shot of an overtaking manoeuvre from the race was shown replayed several times. Voice-over stated "F-1 World Grand Prix with instant replay..". Viewers, most of whom mentioned purchasing the game with this facility in mind, objected that it was not possible to replay individual manoeuvres made in the game as shown but only complete laps. They felt the advertisement had misled them as to the game's properties.

Assessment
The advertiser confirmed that the Instant Replay function allowed players the opportunity to view the last completed lap as many times as they wished. They stated that, because of time constraints, the commercial contained edited footage of one complete lap. They commented that to show the feature in its entirety would require a commercial lasting approximately 10 minutes.

It was clear from the complaints received that viewers had made purchasing decisions on the understanding that instant replays could be made of any section of the game. The ITC considered that the advertisement did give this impression and did not imply that players would only be able to replay the lap in its entirety.

The ITC judged the commercial to be misleading, and required it to be removed from air until amended to reflect more accurately the nature of the replay function.

Decision
Complaints upheld.

http://www.itc.org.uk/itc_publicati...0,0&bhdirex=&bhcont=modem&ad_complaint_id=142

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Macca said:
roflmao....a quick search at google revealed this;

NINTENDO F1 WORLD GRAND PRIX GAME
Complaint from: 8 viewers

Nature of Complaint
The commercial showed two men playing the advertised game. One player repeatedly said "let's see that again" as a 2 second shot of an overtaking manoeuvre from the race was shown replayed several times. Voice-over stated "F-1 World Grand Prix with instant replay..". Viewers, most of whom mentioned purchasing the game with this facility in mind, objected that it was not possible to replay individual manoeuvres made in the game as shown but only complete laps. They felt the advertisement had misled them as to the game's properties.

Assessment
The advertiser confirmed that the Instant Replay function allowed players the opportunity to view the last completed lap as many times as they wished. They stated that, because of time constraints, the commercial contained edited footage of one complete lap. They commented that to show the feature in its entirety would require a commercial lasting approximately 10 minutes.

It was clear from the complaints received that viewers had made purchasing decisions on the understanding that instant replays could be made of any section of the game. The ITC considered that the advertisement did give this impression and did not imply that players would only be able to replay the lap in its entirety.

The ITC judged the commercial to be misleading, and required it to be removed from air until amended to reflect more accurately the nature of the replay function.

Decision
Complaints upheld.

http://www.itc.org.uk/itc_publicati...0,0&bhdirex=&bhcont=modem&ad_complaint_id=142

I remember hearing about that :)