What's new

f-zero

R

rico001

Has any previous release of 1964 had expansion pack support with f-zero??

loleoc

Then, why When I load F-ZERO shows a message: Expansion Pack is not correctly installed?. Using 1964.

Clements

I don't get any expansion pack message with 1964 and F-Zero X, which leads me to think your settings are messed. I use the following settings (which I believe to be the default):

loleoc

The message appears in the start screen of the game, before pushing start, but the game is perfectly playable. This message do no affect the game.

OP
R

rico001

expansion pack

F-zero X does support the expansion pack for higher fps.

you can check out a review of it at ign64

Clements

IGN says F-Zero X supports the 64DD Expansion Kit and Rumble pak but not the expansion pack. I have the game for real and there is no mention of use with the expansion pak on the game box. I believe that the underlying code for the 64DD is possibly causing a problem.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
How COULD F-Zero X support the expansion pak? Compare its release date to Donkey Kong 64's.

And on top of that, the Expansion Pak doesn't and can't offer higher frame rates, only higher resolution (it adds MORE RAM, not FASTER RAM).

And hell, F-Zero X is already AT a near permanent 60fps!

OP
R

rico001

ok

Tagrineth said:
How COULD F-Zero X support the expansion pak? Compare its release date to Donkey Kong 64's.

And on top of that, the Expansion Pak doesn't and can't offer higher frame rates, only higher resolution (it adds MORE RAM, not FASTER RAM).
...., F-Zero X is already AT a near permanent 60fps!
ok I was wrong

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
A screenshot using the exact same 1964 settings as Clements. Turning on expansion pack won't fix this: rather, it will cause the game to not boot.

It appears to be a 1964 problem, as the game works fine in PJ64. It does not run at all in Mupen.

Last edited:

Clements

Damn, I fiddled with the settings to do with the expansion pak to reproduce the problem and now I get the same message on the title screen. I completely uninstalled 1964 but the message now persists...