What's new

F.A.O. Admin other than Martin pos Clements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Today, 14:34
Martin
Administrator
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=235151#post235151

I opened a thread today just asking about what you (Clements) had posted in a thread a while back, about the possibility of and update to PJ64. It was closed instantly for reasons i think are to be blunt, bitchy by the above admin.

I had not seen the rules and regulations page. So what we are saying is that admin can release what could be called 'gossip' or at least conjecture, but we mere mortals can but asked about said rumour and we are shut down in a fashion that i thought was rude and blunt. I have tried to find the thread you wrote but did not look back far enough i guess. Its was from about 2 months ago (the last time i was online).

So its ok for you guys and not us?

Never have i come across a forum where i have been treated poorly like this! I have been in here many times and had help from yourself (Clements) and found the community to be helpfull and good to help. Its not like i asked for roms or anything! A little discussion on an already posted thread. No harm there ay?

I bet you will still see me as a mindless good for nothing noob but i think this has been delt with to harsh and unfairly.

Clements, your gentle (he he) feed back is apprecated.

Sy.

Last edited:

Clements

Well, since Service Pack 1, I updated the RDB and GameFAQ a little bit, and there will probably be more service pack-type updates by other people or the official team. As for the actual emulator itself being updated, that can't happen since it's discontinued.

OP
HShadow

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Clements said:
Well, since Service Pack 1, I updated the RDB and GameFAQ a little bit, and there will probably be more service pack-type updates by other people or the official team. As for the actual emulator itself being updated, that can't happen since it's discontinued.

Thats what i ment. Service packs! So is it sooooo wrong to ask about such things? If so that is rediculous! Its like asking if their is going to be a certain gun added to Desert Combat and then getting booted off the server or forum!

I dont think i was treated fairly at all.

Sorry to be a pain but i think its the worst ive ever been treated and ive been on alot of thread and forums until i stop using bb.

loopsider

HShadow said:
Thats what i ment. Service packs! So is it sooooo wrong to ask about such things? If so that is rediculous! Its like asking if their is going to be a certain gun added to Desert Combat and then getting booted off the server or forum!

I dont think i was treated fairly at all.

Sorry to be a pain but i think its the worst ive ever been treated and ive been on alot of thread and forums until i stop using bb.

as an individual with the reasons you had for asking, yes you were treated unfairly. but the mods have no time to find that out because these kinds of questions get asked far to often and its a natural reaction to just close them. its just like if you go to the Dolphin forum and ask when its going to be able to play roms at full speed because somebody said a rumour, mods are still going to close it anyway.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Sometimes it's easier to just answer the question and lock the thread than to explain/complain about rules. You spend about the same amount of time on each. AFAIK, Project64 1.6 will never be released... both developers have moved on in life and will never get a chance to get back to unprofitable emulation. Service packs are the only possibility... I really don't see too much in that either. :)

Martin

Administrator
I did not mean to be bitchy. We get tons of threads like yours each day. The rules page clearly states you're not allowed to ask when the next version will be out, and when someone breaks the rules I usually just close the thread and point to the rules, like I did this time. If you had not read the rules then it is your own fault, the rules says "Read before posting".

If you have issues about how I moderate EmuTalk, please take it privately instead making a thread pointing out what you found to be unfair treatment.

BTW, stop crying damn it, I just closed your thread. :huh:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
A little exaggerated on frequency... but I agree. It is better taking a complaint up with a moderator in a private manner than to publically display your issue to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.