What's new

Extracting 3D models from ePSXe 1.6.0

Thesuperchang

Hello, I'm doing a little modeling project and would like to obtain some models from various games. However, ePSXe does not seem to support this function. Are there any programmes I could use to extract such models furthermore would it be possible to just crack open an archive of the models in the games directory rather then copying them while the game is running. I'll need to get them up in maya of course or at least be able to put them in a universal format.

Thanks in advance,
Thesuperchang.

OP
T

Thesuperchang

you might try an opengl plugin and use http://ogle.eyebeamresearch.org/

Well call me stupid but I can't figure this plugin out! I found a similar aplication that was linked to their site called 3DVIA Printscreen. It says it dumps the 3d models yet nothing shows up in the player and what makes it worse is I can't even get it into maya as the format is not compadible! Universal format, yeah right.

rdcldreamr_nlcf

no-life code finder
OGLE doesn't work with epsxe, I've tried it and others have confirmed it. It will just give you textures and junk models if even that.

OP
T

Thesuperchang

Ok, I'm pretty sure I've located the models I want however there still in their native playstation format that Bandai decided they'd save them in. I've done a bit of googling but to no avail. There extension is *.MMD, however the programmes I have found only work with *.RST and *.TOD. Would anyone happen to posses a programme that could change these foreign formats into a universal format? Or even less likely, would anyone be willing to try and make a programme to convert them?

Thanks in advance,
Thesuperchang.