What's new

EXL set??? please help

kalyan

i downloaded "all-star baseball 2000 (E) [!].z64".

it gives me an "EXL"error. in the list it says "EXL set...";use ntsc version.

what does it mean, is the rom corrupted or is there any other emulator that is capable of playing it,

please advice.
thanx.

Allnatural

NTSC means (U) version (and (J) if I'm not mistaken). You currently have the (E) [PAL] version, so you should know what you need to do now.

OP
K

kalyan

sorry i dont know

how do i switch the emulator to pal version? or do i have to download the ntsc version of the same rom???

thanks

OP
K

kalyan

re:

but aren't there any other pal emulators for n64 out there? i found a utility called paladin, what is it??

thank you very much:pj64:

Allnatural

No no no, you don't understand. PJ64 will emulate PAL games, but some games have issues depending on which region the rom is from (timing issue perhaps?). Heck, with some games the US version is broken, but the PAL version runs fine, go figure. It's just one of the many idiosyncrasies of N64 emulation in general.

Allnatural

If you don't want to download (or find:lookaway: ) a different version of your rom, by all means try other emulators. You'll be surprised at what you find sometimes.:)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
kalyan said:
i downloaded "all-star baseball 2000 (E) [!].z64".

it gives me an "EXL"error. in the list it says "EXL set...";use ntsc version.

what does it mean, is the rom corrupted or is there any other emulator that is capable of playing it,

please advice.
thanx.

Ummmm, not Even the (U) Version is supported.... Try 1964...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
CpU MasteR, ive had it with you giving out wrong information. Are you just talking out of your arse or do you want to disagree with my compat info? If the former, kindly shut up, if not, there is this thread http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2203 for you to make all your points in one place please rather than scattering bad advice all around the forum.