What's new

Exiting Fullscreen on Load?

Saphyn

Greetings all,

I'm not certain why it does this (obviously) but every time I load a game while in fullscreen mode PJ64 sees fit to revert to windowed mode. This happens no matter what plugin combination I use and no matter what game is loaded.

Also, on another (possibly related) note, when I run PJ64, only part of the window is visible, the top (usually quarter) is stuck above the top of my screen.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Personally I've never loaded a game while fullscreen (since I always use the Rom Browser to load games. What you are experiencing seems to be a "feature" of Project64, hinting that you can't fix it.

Regarding that last question of yours, what kind of graphics hardware do you have and when was the last time you updated its drivers? I don't know if that'll help alleviate the problem, I'm just throwing ideas around since few else seem to share your problem.

OP
S

Saphyn

That's rather upsetting. My desktop (which is in another state) never had this problem, but my laptop (which I use now) is ... well, of course, having this issue.

As for my graphic card, it's an integrated GeForce 7000M/nForce 610M. The drivers are updated as far as I know, since HP has the shittiest support I've ever seen, only provides downloads for Vista, and I refuse to use the operating system. nVidia doesn't help the issue as they direct me to HP's support site.

OP
S

Saphyn

After uninstalling and reinstalling, I tested every plugin I had until I found the culprit.

It, in fact, is not a 'feature' of PJ64, and not Rice's Video plugin, but a different build of it being worked on by Mudlord.

Thanks for trying though!

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
All of the computers (~5) here run NVidia and Project64 runs really good. (And so does mudlord's rice video :p) So if you ever find the actual culprit, please let us know.

Oh, and as for the laptop nvidia driver thing, you can keep looking around - They have unofficial drivers for this type of thing that are usually more up to date. Google is your friend.

OP
S

Saphyn

Well, Mudlord's runs fine until I attempt to load the game in fullscreen using F7, which was my problem in the first place.

I'm still having the strange "past the top" issue, which I'm wondering is because I either use bbLean, or because my laptop supports dual monitor.

As for the drivers, well ... that's why I say I think I'm up to date.