What's new

Exception in emulation thread?

gitlygirl

Some of the games I have run about perfect! I love it.

A few that I have that say they should be fine, come up with an error message: 8000017C: Exception in emulation thread.

Sometimes it takes over the player and I have to reload 1964, sometimes it takes over everything and I have to do a shutdown just to get it to load another game.

Is this possibly a bad rom?

I only have a few that are like this Tetris, Turok, Yoshi.

bigcatchris

It could one of two things one it could be a bad rom, you should check using good tools, which are available here on emutalk, the other thing is that 1964 has problems with certain types of older computers and gives you a exception in emulation, they will hopefully fix this problem with the next release of 1964.

OP
gitlygirl

gitlygirl

Thanks! Checking into the good tool ahhhh....

bigcatchris said:
It could one of two things one it could be a bad rom, you should check using good tools, which are available here on emutalk, the other thing is that 1964 has problems with certain types of older computers and gives you a exception in emulation, they will hopefully fix this problem with the next release of 1964.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
I had a problem where I had to delete or rename the Mempak1.mpk file before a game would run. This file is basically the emulation for a the controller memory card, so renaming it would probably be a better solution (the input plugin that comes with 1964 will create a new one).

ryanraab

I get same problem but I don't get any error message. So sometimes I have to shutdown the program when I want to play another game just like you said. 1964 v1.00 should fix this. Will have to wait a year until that comes out probably though. lol but then again it's going to be worth it. If they take 10 years I wouldn't care. because I'll know that it will be hardcore. and that it will finally be labeled the n64 emu that crushed all others. lol