What's new

Exception Error on running Dolphin

exsonic

I'm sure that I searched this area and found nothing about my problem.

Whanever I try to run Dolphin SVN, it gives an exception error:

Unknown Software Exception (0xc000001d) on 0x005f41eb.

I tried running the lastest Beta and it worked, how to fix that problem? =(

Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 1.54GHz, MMX, 3DNow.
nVidia GeForce 6200 (256MB) (Last Updated)
DX9 (Last Updated)
(My computer runs GTA SA, Garry's Mod and such games just fine, so I know it can emulate GC, even though not full speed)

And while on that, there's any plug-in that have the same properties of N-Rage's N64 Controller Plug-in to Dolphin?

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Your processor is not compatible as it lacks the SSE2 instruction set, even if you could get any games to run on Dolphin expect them to run like a slideshow with that Processor.

Being able to run those PC games has nothing to do with how an emulator will run or perform. Emulators are quite a bit more intensive on the CPU/GPU than traditional PC games, especially CPU intensive emulators like Dolphin and Pcsx2.

Consider that an emulator has to translate the opcodes, instructions, hardware features of the console to x86 or x86_64 PC code, also consider that consoles use completely different architecture to normal PC's.

Combine that with lack of openly available documentation, unemulated hardware features, bugs, overhead and it becomes apparent that hardware requirements can be up to ten times that of the actual console, and about three times as much as traditional PC games.

Just thing of someone speaking Spanish to someone who only understands English, the conversation isn't going to go anywhere without a translator, even with a translator the conversation could be broken and still difficult to decipher/understand what is being said due to the very different structures of the languages. If the translator doesn't understand the language well because of lack of studying the language before attempting to translate it (Lack of documentation), the translation will be broken/incomplete (slow or buggy).

In this case the emulator has to translate hardware specific features, opcodes, and instructions of the consoles to native PC code to execute it, two completely different platforms, two completely different hardware requirements.

Emulators are quite a bit more intensive on the CPU/GPU than traditional PC games, especially CPU intensive emulators like Dolphin and Pcsx2.

Only because there are so many unknowns with these consoles which ends up making the emulator need more power to run. If Nintendo had made it's own console emulated on the PC, it would run perfectly. The difference is Nintendo knows what they're doing and the devs are learning as they go. Buggy incomplete code needs more power to make the thing go.