What's new

everyone do this

adi

get out of my house
Download winamp 3 and get the afri cola skin. Its such a simple idea but its the longest any skin has ever stayed on my computer. its so beautiful

Eagle

aka Alshain
Josep said:
according to your sig. i should be dead by now;)

Dont feel bad I should be dead too. I didnt bother to download the skin cause I dont want Winamp 3.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
winamp 3 has to be the worst version of winamp ever released.

It has worse quality sound.
No more plugin support.
Loss of functionality.

What the hell were they thinking?

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
It`s a sprite rip from one of the KOF games. I think there`s a library of those at mameworld.net .

2fast4u

winamp3 sucks. nuff said. there are really nice skins but that aint enuff reason for me to use this shit.

OP
adi

adi

get out of my house
winamp 3 works allright for me, fine i listen to music mainly from my cds but i guess i rate nice skins more than advanced features

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
AlphaWolf said:
winamp 3 has to be the worst version of winamp ever released.

It has worse quality sound.
No more plugin support.
Loss of functionality.

What the hell were they thinking?

its got plugin support.

but im not going to argue with the other two

Allnatural

Josep said:
DudE!? allnatural!! where did you get that av?!!?!?:)
I actually made that one. MAMEworld has a few KOF2k rips, but I have more.;) In this tread at NGemu you can see all of the videogame gifs I and others have made, including the KOF ones (*warning* it's a huge thread). I'll soon have a site up with all the silly little gifs I've made.:)

Sukh

Long gone...
I ran Winamp 3, but I reverted back to Winamp 2.8, because:

It's as buggy as hell
Slow as hell, and the OTT skin support makes it slower
It's more complicated than before
It's got limited plugin support
It's essentially 'bloatware'

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
same with me. extremely slow and unresponsive, and i couldn't multitask with it running like i can do easily with 2.80.

iq_132

Banned
What's wrong with winamp3? It doesn't sound any worse than winamp 2.8. They use the same audio decoder. Winamp3 does support plugins, but they are called compontents now. It doesn't support winamp 2.x plugins, because it was completely rewritten. It does support winamp 2.x skins, these skins load really fast, especially if you have desktop alpha off. Windows 9x users do really need to stay with winamp 2.x though, some of the best features of wa3 come out in win 2000 and xp. The desktop alpha feature is really great... it makes the player very unintrusive at about 10%.
Winamp3 also doesn't install anything to any other directory than the winamp3 one, except for two or three aol icons that take about 2.3 seconds to remove (click+delete key).

If you don't want to use winamp of any version, don't. There are plenty of other players you can use: WMP 6.4 is great. WMP 7,8, and 9 are great, but kind of bloated. Sonique .98 is pretty damn good. Sonique 2 final will be out within probably two years, if you can wait that long. QS player is good. A korean one called Soritong is pretty good. and the last one i can think of, coolamp is small and good.

Oh... and i would suggest the "boom" skin for wa3, it's big and slow loading, but if you like great visuals and animations, get it.

F*** you. F*** you. F*** you. You're cool! F*** you! I'm out!