What's new

Essential purchase

for anyone with £200 laying around or a birthday on the way, you absolutley have to get the rio800 mp3 player, this thing has an amazing 128mb sat in it, portable music, properly, at last!

/me kisses mp3s and mp3 player

Eagle

aka Alshain
sytaylor said:
for anyone with £200 laying around or a birthday on the way, you absolutley have to get the rio800 mp3 player, this thing has an amazing 128mb sat in it, portable music, properly, at last!

* sytaylor kisses mp3s and mp3 player

Yeah, I just happen to have $200 lying around to waste on an MP3 Player. They are too expensive. For the same price I can get 100 Writeable CDs, a CD-Re-Writer and a Discman to play them on.

EDIT: Oops, I just noticed you had it in pounds... I dont know the conversion but pricewatch says $150 so my above statement still holds true.

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
MP3 format has begun to decline...I don't know how many of you might or might not be aware, but fraunhoffer has risen the rates quite a bit for the patent licensing. Even those who release freeware decoders have to pay 75 cents per person who uses their mp3 player.

In response to this, numerous companies have already pulled MP3 support from their future software (redhat and creative to name a few).

Now a new format is due to takeover, and my guess is its probably going to be a free and unpattented (might I mention GPL'ed in its truest form?) one *cough*ogg*cough*, so make sure you are aware of this when buying these things.

Last edited:

blizz

I'd be more willing to put money on wma if it wasn't for M$ being an arse about it ;)

personally for portable music, it's net MD all the way right now

OP
sytaylor
see the only thing with mini disk is you need a recorder as well, plus it still kinda reminds me of a tape player

RatTrap

GODLIKE
:).. i got me an MC3 as soon as it came out.. never had a better player b4.. and it's had alot of use.. and sure there might come new formats and i might have to buy a new one in 1-3 more years.. but for now.. this is just fine :).. specially since i can go around with 2 128MB compact flash cards.. filled with anything i wanna fill them with :p..

Stezo2k

S-2K
i just convert mp3 to a format that music player understands and flash my Flash GBA Cart and ive got mp3s on my GBA for free :p

Stez