What's new

ESPXE Problem

stimulate_uk

i inserted my FF7 into my pc ran the exe file of espxe and all i get is a black screen and nothing happens, can somebody help?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Your graphics card is not good enough to support the features that Pete's OGL2 plugin needs + FF7 is pretty strict in place and requires quite faithful emulation of different graphics techniques and such.

That being said, it would seem that you're running ePSXe 1.5.2 or older. Why?

OP
S

stimulate_uk

Your graphics card is not good enough to support the features that Pete's OGL2 plugin needs + FF7 is pretty strict in place and requires quite faithful emulation of different graphics techniques and such.

That being said, it would seem that you're running ePSXe 1.5.2 or older. Why?

i'm running 1.6, i changed the ogl2 to just ogl and now i get a black screen and nothing happens, i mean does espxe take long to load once started?

Agozer

I can take a short while, but it shouldn't take an unreasonable amount of time.Try it with Pete's Software plugin just in case (as it is the most compatible to my knowledge, but at the same time the slowest).

Also, could you get me a better screenshot of that log window?

OP
S

stimulate_uk

I can take a short while, but it shouldn't take an unreasonable amount of time.Try it with Pete's Software plugin just in case (as it is the most compatible to my knowledge, but at the same time the slowest).

Also, could you get me a better screenshot of that log window?

which software plugin mate??

does the picture not enhance in windows paint?

Agozer

The log windows is overlapped by ePSXe's own window. Pete's Soft GPU plugin v1.17 should do just fine. If you don't have it, download it from Pete Bernert's site.

OP
S

stimulate_uk

your right! it works, only problem now is that on the inventory in the game, everything is slanted towards the right hand side of the screen, so it hard to read or see what is displayed, is this customizable in the configure settings? if so, what do i set it as ?

Agozer

I can't say for sure, but try fiddling with the stretching option in the plugin's configuration dialog.