What's new

Error with Rice's vid plugin and OoT v1.0

shpladoink

I'm using PJ64, but the problem appears to be with the video plugin, so I was directed to this forum.

I've been playing Ocarina of time with the latest high-res packs and Rice's plugin on PJ64. The background in the pause menu flickered pretty badly, and I'd just gotten it to stop by trying out the various framebuffer settings.

All was well until I accidently opened a second instance of PJ64, at which point I received the following errors:

ootviderror1nt2.jpg

ootviderrorkr9.jpg

I'm not certain if the multiple instance thing triggered this problem, but now Ocarina of Time V1.0 won't start emulation and I get these errors every time.

I find it odd because V1.2 of the game seems to be working fine, although the menu borders have reverted to their flickery state:

The main reason I worry about the version number is because the high-res texture pack requests using V1.0., and I'm not sure if there will be graphical errors or whatever by using the different ROM version.

Hopefully this can be fixed without having to reinstall anything :\
Thanks in advance for your help!

Edit: I also just noticed that the lens flare in the beginning sequence is not there. I remember reading about this problem in another thread a while ago, but I can't find that particular conversation now.

Last edited:

Covarr

Are you trying to run it in Direct3D mode? I have this same problem. What I do is start the game in OpenGL, which doesn't work right on my computer, but at least runs, stop emulation, switch to Direct3D, and then it works. I don't know why this is the case, and I'm pretty sure there's a better solution, but this is the only one I know and it works well enough for me.

OP
shpladoink

shpladoink

Okay, I fixed the start menu problem by switching the framebuffer and texture rendering to "write back and reload" (saw the answer in another thread), but v1.0 is still not beginning emulation.

I was looking around all of the video plugin and pj64 options, but I couldn't find one that lets me choose which mode to start in. When v1.2 is running, the OpenGL options menu is grayed, so I assume it is currently in DirectX mode. How can I make it start in OpenGL?