What's new

Error OpCode (0x1)

GoodBytes

Hello,

When I play Ikaruga with Dolphin 64 Dual Core enabled (unplayable at single core so I can't check), I get "Error: Unknown Opcode (0x1)" just before the battle of the fist boss. When error received, music still plays, however no image appears. If you click on "OK" it re-appears. After pressing ENTER key for several time, it finally disappear and Dolphin either crashes or simply does not appear, however Dolphin 64 item is found on the Task Bar and game music still plays...
Note: every time you press on OK on the dialog box, the error that reappear is the same, but the code is different, you have a message from code 0x1 to 0x3f.

More info:
- Using: Dolphin Beta 3 64-bit
- Settings: 640x480, Shader Ver: PS 2.0, render framebuffer off, use dynarec, default settings for everything else.
- ROM: Ikaruga.gcm NTSC, USA.
- Tested several times.

System Specs:
- AMD Athlon 64 S939 4400+ 2.210Ghz not OC
- 2Gb of RAM DDR timing: 3-3-3-8 2T not OC
- Geforce 6600 GT 128MB not OC
- Vista Ultimate Edition 64-bit, theme disable (set to Win Classic, to get every fps I can get)
- No running background application

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, an unknown OpCode usually refers to either a corrupt image or that Dolphin simply cannot emulate the game properly. Besides, even the compatibility on Dolphin's homepage mentions that the game isn't perfectly emulated; it'll go in-game, but your bound to run into problems.