What's new

ERROR keeps appearing. Help?

RockmanGP

I have all teh stuff needed for Chankast, liek Mounting the CD image and all those other things. Then I choose to start up and then the Dreamcast animation logo appears and right when teh spiral genrates a small window pops up saying ERROR. I think that the name of the window wuz "IoControl". Then when I say "Okay", the same thing keeps coming up SOO many times. Will someone help me? :saint:

Cid

What program are you using to mount the image? Use Daemon Tool 3.29 or 3.32. You could always burn the image as a last resort and that should get rid of the IoControl error.

OP
R

RockmanGP

Cid said:
What program are you using to mount the image? Use Daemon Tool 3.29 or 3.32. You could always burn the image as a last resort and that should get rid of the IoControl error.

Daemon V 3.46 is what I'm using. What do you mean "burn the image"?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
It won't work with any newer version of Daemon than 3.29, so you'll have to revert to an older version than the one you are using.

OP
R

RockmanGP

generalplot said:
It won't work with any newer version of Daemon than 3.29, so you'll have to revert to an older version than the one you are using.

Could you give me a link to one of the older ones? I'm going to try to google it now.

Shrimpz

it will work with higher versions of daemon than v3.29.....
i'm using v3.47 and it works great.....
:icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream:

OP
R

RockmanGP

Shrimpz said:
it will work with higher versions of daemon than v3.29.....
i'm using v3.47 and it works great.....
:icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream:
THen what wrong w/ mine? I'm playing Sonic Adventure 2. I'm going to try Daemon Tools V3.33 now.

OP
R

RockmanGP

I'm still not getting this:(.

KoHaN69 said:
First: UPDATE : Do you have DirectX9 b or c?
All latest hardware drivers? What's you hardware/specs?

For programs; Try using alcohol:http://www.alcohol-soft.com/ (you want full, get crax urself war3zm0nk3yz)

and here's Daemontools 3.46 that I found 20seconds in GOOGLE:http://my.so-net.net.tw/martinx/dtools/dt346.exe

I already have Daemontools 3.46 and DirectX9c. What am I supposed to get at alcohol-soft?

KoHaN69

Game-a-holic
RockmanGP said:
I already have Daemontools 3.46 and DirectX9c. What am I supposed to get at alcohol-soft?

alcohol 120% -and use it to mount images

\also, try both plugins aspi and xxxx

OP
R

RockmanGP

But when I use Alcohol Soft 120%, it STILL has the io control error!!! I'll still try and remount and try everything I can. But do I have to install both of the plug-ins? I'm sorry if I'm being a nuisence but I just want some answers and I'll stop asking and go away.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The problem is that some ISOs were created in such a way that virtual CD-ROM drives have problems when they try to read them. That's why the I/O error occurs (it's not a problem of the emulator).
The only 100% working way to make these ISOs work is to write them to a real CD-R, CD-R/W but your CD-DVD writer must have some extended writing capabilities. The other way to make most (but not all) of these ISOs work is to use Daemon tools v3.29 which seems to be able to "emulate" the structure of these ISOs better than newer versions of Daemon tools and other virtual drives. Note that some other old versions of Daemon tools may also work.

Last edited: