What's new

epsxe help

tatsuto

I've looked around the internet and I can't find anything that can help me! I want to play FF VII (I took an ISO myself from the original game) and it runs as an ISO. Some sound layers seem like they're missing, though. I've tried to burn it on a CD, and it won't even start at all. I've played other games as ISO and CDs, and they work fine. I also use delta for CDs. Any suggestions on both these problems?

Gamester3333

Gamemaster
If you really did take the iso yourself, then you have the REAL game disc, and shouldn't have a problem. =] Tell you what, you dl'd a bad iso, try again leecher.

Ok, if you really DO have a legitimate problem, try changing the plugin that loads the iso. Or, you could try to take another, but swap some settings?

Last edited:

smcd

Try an alternate drive plugin and tweak some options in them - i had similar problems with games and this helped.

jairolas

I've looked around the internet and I can't find anything that can help me! I want to play FF VII (I took an ISO myself from the original game) and it runs as an ISO. Some sound layers seem like they're missing, though. I've tried to burn it on a CD, and it won't even start at all. I've played other games as ISO and CDs, and they work fine. I also use delta for CDs. Any suggestions on both these problems?

lol, auto owned :sombrero:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You can run the game directly from the CDs... changing audio plugin perhaps? The internal one is lacking. Eternal or Null are good audio plugins.

OP
tatsuto

tatsuto

OK, I got thew original Game off my brother, which he was about to sell, and used Power ISO to make an ISO file. The ISO works fine when I try to run it by the "Run ISO" option in ePSXe. I heard from my brother that CDDA might be the problem when I realised that sound layers were missing (A specific problem i've noticed, when you defeat that air robot at the 2nd reactor, the cutscene's explosion has no sound what soever) so i've tried to burn it on to a CD AND mount it onto a Virtual drive using, again, Power ISO. Both just come up with an empty black screen.

Last edited:
OP
tatsuto

tatsuto

Plugins that i'm using:

Pete's OpenGL (Graphics)
Eternal (Sound)
PEOPS (CD)
Delta (To run CD Roms, not really a plug-in)

All of my plug-ins are the latest versons as of december.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Doing an exact replica of a CD can be complicated. Doing it via Alcohol's software I believe is the best best to do it. It is also the best way to rip a CD as an iso (using .mds file format).
Missing sound can be due to incorrect audio options (in audio config for the emulator). Black screen can be due to that the iso is damaged or it's using copyright protection (for the later, use subchannel reading).

OP
tatsuto

tatsuto

It's still not working correctly. If it is settings, can you tell me how I should set it up in Null2'S sound plugin?

OP
tatsuto

tatsuto

I just made an .mds file of the ORIGINAL CD with Alcohol 120% and it still refuses to run at all.

revl8er

That Damn Good
If you need any further help for epsxe, you can check the ngemu forums. They are more for the psx emulation.