What's new

epsxe config help

Greetings, I'm Mokona and I'm clueless about many things, especially things like this.

I have two PSX ISOs I'm not being able to play, most likely because configuring epsxe is such a pain, I mount images on Daemon Tools to play on Emurayden mostly (many games work on Emurayden, but these two don't).

The first game is 'The Misadventures of Tron Bonne', it runs on Emurayden, but freezes on whatever cutscene, so i tried epsxe (1.6.0)...

I've been trying many setups for video and sound plugins, so far the only one I managed not to get a black screen when running the iso was: Pete's D3D Driver 1.75 (under the "fast" defaults) and epsxe SPU core 1.5.2. it does run, but at a crazy speed, its so speeded up the music sounds like a machinegun. The cutscenes appear normally, but after defeating the first boss the game freezes (u.u).

The second game I'm having trouble is 'Megaman Battle & Chase', I downloaded the ISO, but Daemon can't mount it the way it is (bin+cue), at first I thought it was corrupted, but I tried opening it on UltraISO, and it opened, I converted it to another file format (ccd+sub+img and iso) and mounted on Daemon, it loaded and showed the files (like any other psx cd, an exe a sles_something etc) but no emulator can recognize there is a psx disc inserted, I double checked if there was nothing in the other drive but still it just wouldn't load.

My machine is very poor, but I somehow made Valkyrie Profile, Shaman King and other games work on epsxe using my previous computer, which was slightly worse than the one I have right now.

Any help would be appreciated ^_^ thank you!

[EDIT] I didn't add my computer specs cause I thought providing them in my profile would appear here, but they didn't sorry:

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (boy I hate it's so slow and noisy)
Video Card: VIA S3G UniChrome IGP (what the heck is this? I have never heard of this before)
Sound Card: C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Memory: 256 MB PCI (but 16 of these are shared to video)

Last edited:

bcrew1375

mokona_modoki said:
The second game I'm having trouble is 'Megaman Battle & Chase', I downloaded the ISO

These forums do not support piracy. Do not blatantly show support for piracy in your posts.

Last edited:

Allnatural

Unless a game uses CDDA audio, there's no reason to mount the image in Daemon Tools. Rather, use the "Run ISO" option in ePSXe. The speed problem is because you haven't enabled the framerate limiter in the video plugin. As for your other problems, I don't know. You'll likely find more help (particularly with compatibility) at NGEmu.

Last edited:

bcrew1375

Are you making sure the CD structure stays intact when you convert it? A Playstation game needs the entire CD image, not just the files on the CD.