What's new

Emutalk Clan

Trotterwatch

Yeah, it was a good game. I think me and Dude were the only good players there though :) (or above average anyways).

We have to try and start up an Emutalk clan, we'd probably do pretty well. A lot more fun playing with/against people you know.

/me thinks I shouldn't run into enemy minefields though...

pandamoan

Banned
The Khan Artist said:
All I play is Age of Empires. :/

i just like old school. :) i play alot of q2max, but i hate playing any game online. i have a LAN in my house. :D

if you are in encinitas california, message me and you can drop by so i can rail you through the head.

lol

jamie

OP
mightyrocket

mightyrocket

Banned
I think we should create good names for the members (i.e. [Emutalk]Mightyrocket and [Emutalk]Trotterwatch are just too long!).

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
mightyrocket:
[ET] ? :p

Age of Empires and Starcraft for me... I used to play Battlefield 1942 a lot, but now my graphics card broke down... I can't really play BF with an Nvidia Vanta 8 mb....

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Trotterwatch said:
/me thinks I shouldn't run into enemy minefields though...
/me whips out engie's weapon bank number 5 :)
Anyway, as for the clan's name, no one said that the clan should go by the old [Clan's Name]Player's Name convention. How about a [E]Player's Name[T]?
Example :
[E]DuDe[T]
That's pretty much how my nickname would've looked like with the clan's tags.

Hyper19s

Banned
hmm sounds really cool ,emutalk clan, but even if this was to work (which it probaly did already),
there will still be noobs around.ET isnt that easy
you know.you cant avoid the noobs.

Trotterwatch

There are usually enough decent players around to make a game of it, plus if you are in a clan you can eventually just play clan matches against recognised non lamers.

Had my first proper map as an Engineer yesterday. I was on the goldrush level, when everyone was either:

A) Soldier
B) Cov Op
C) Field Op

There was also 2 medics, me and someone who had just joined. So I was in a quandry, I was a level 4 medic but I had to change to an engineer as it was obvious no one else was going to do it.

I repaired the tank many many times by myself, I blew up all the barriers, repaired the truck. Then I manned the machine gun to help people get the gold, apart from the fact non of them were able to. So I got one of the gold crates too :) Ended up a level 4 engineer on that one map! Not a great achievement seeing as I was playing with and against some atrocious players.

OP
mightyrocket

mightyrocket

Banned
We require 2 experienced medics. I'll be one, but we also require another one.
* mightyrocket looks at Trotterwatch

Trotterwatch

Yep I'll be a medic. I am adaptable to play Medic, Engineer and Cov Op too. So should the need arise (which it shouldn't) I am able to switch pretty easily.

Trotterwatch

Just had another game with Dude, there was one lamer though who seemed to have complained about Dude for no reason (constantly). The team as a whole were a bit useless, all the more reason for an Emutalk clan methinks.

I annoyed one person in the game when I first joined, by suggesting they not deploy airstrikes if they couldn't aim them correctly, lol

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Trotterwatch said:
Just had another game with Dude, there was one lamer though who seemed to have complained about Dude for no reason (constantly).
The bastard stepped on my mine, and complained! How bloody noobish is that? I still don't understand why server admins wouldn't use the new feature in the 1.02 patch that disables complaints for stepping on friendly mines, it should be a default choise in my opinion...
Anyway, I learnt a valuable lesson today: Sometimes, the Grenade Launcher's grenades bounce way too high :D I think that Trotterwatch has learnt that one as well :)
It was a good game on some maps though, the team kind of cooperated on Oasis... On Gold Rush all hell broke loose, I was TK'ed by this annoying arse when I tried to get the gold (and later he complained when I killed him with a grenade launcher, when I was evidently shooting at the kraut that was sitting inside the tank, doh), no one provided air strikes support, no one threw smoke canisters into the bank. Bleh.
There's nothing I want more than some good clan matches against some good clans.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
We also need a decent field op or two, I fricking hate running out of MG ammo and nobody around to reload me >_<

OP
mightyrocket

mightyrocket

Banned
A list of current members:
Mightyrocket (medic)
Dude (engineer/medic?)
Trotterwatch (medic)
Shadowprince (?)
Vampireuk (soldier)

We require soldiers and field-ops. Covert-ops aren't very important at the moment, but you can always ask if you wannabe one. The most important are currently the field-ops. We also require some decent soldiers (preferably with some flame-thrower experience).

Last edited:

Davemc

Dave
I'd join the clan but:

A. I'm poor at every game ever invented
B. I can't afford any games
C. I'm Welsh