What's new

Emulator N64

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
We are merly misunderstanding each other.
But as to not make it worse, i redraw my opinion and you can have the price.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Doomulation said:
We are merly misunderstanding each other.
But as to not make it worse, i redraw my opinion and you can have the price.

If only supergamer said the same...

*Doom you're wise! ^_^

Zakalwe

Malcolm said:
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 :rolleyes:

I n3v3r kn3w that WINE, a windows compatibility layer, c0U1d RuN @ pR0Gr@m t4@t U$3$ D3D p1ug!n$!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (w00t)

For those whom can't read my uber-leet writing:

I never knew that Wine, a windows compatibility layer, could run a program that uses D3D (Direct 3D) plugins!!

Wine doesn't support the DirectX API, but WineX, a program that uses the Wine source, does. WineX's whole idea was to add support for the DirectX API, mainly D3D.

I hope that Mr. SuperGamer will read up on some documentation before he posts his spam again, that would be very nice.

-ta ta:holiday:

Plain old wine actually does support Direct3d. D3d calls are translated into equivalent OpenGL calls and then a native OpenGL library is called to render. WineX is a commercial venture which has concentrated on better support for games, therefore their DirectX implementation tends to be slightly better. WineX binaries also contain support for proprietry code that can't be released because of NDA. These are namely CD copy protection licensed from SafeDisc et al and S3TC licensed from S3.

If you're going to flame someone for "not reading up on documentation before they post" then it's always a good idea to have your own facts straight.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Zakalwe said:
Plain old wine actually does support Direct3d. D3d calls are translated into equivalent OpenGL calls and then a native OpenGL library is called to render. WineX is a commercial venture which has concentrated on better support for games, therefore their DirectX implementation tends to be slightly better. WineX binaries also contain support for proprietry code that can't be released because of NDA. These are namely CD copy protection licensed from SafeDisc et al and S3TC licensed from S3.

If you're going to flame someone for "not reading up on documentation before they post" then it's always a good idea to have your own facts straight.

I give you credit, what you say is true. I was just trying to stop the argument. Wine don't have extensive D3D support, Wine's support of D3D is to low for it to be used effectively for N64 D3D based plugins.

good post though ^_^

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Zakalwe said:

Nice FIRST post!

^_^