What's new

Emulator crashes when attempting to open a ROM

mc_frink87

Whenever I attempt to load a ROM file into NEMU64 by clicking the eject icon, the program crashes giving the usual Microsoft WinXP Error Reporting dialogue.
If I try and load the rom by browsing to it through the Explorer-like view of NEMU64, the ROMs are not visible within the folder, they just 'aren't' there. And finally, if I set the default opening folder in config.ini to the folder with my ROMs in, the program crashes upon startup. I have met all the system requirements, and I have tried just putting 1 ROM in a folder and trying to open it - still no luck. Version 0.7 worked fine for me, and this problem only happens with 0.8. But I would really love for 0.8 to work as it has a few more features not available in 0.7.

Thankyou for any help.

OP
M

mc_frink87

Tried that, still doesn't work (crashes).
Once in a while, a ROM will open, and play successfully, but otherwise the program crashes.

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
this don't has noting to do with the post but if u wanna talk about roms meet me in the icq: 225052166

trumpetguy

I too am having this exact same problem! I seriously believe it is an error in the NEMU, as the old one ran just fine. Any help from NEMU experts?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Can you tell where exacly the crash is occouring?
Is it the video plugin? The sound plugin? Use the error reporting dialog to see the source of the crash (any external dll or the main exe?)

Direwulf

Dark Wolfbrother
I'm having this exact same problem, also using XP :doh:

I've tried all the things suggested in this thread, including compatability mode... the only thing I ever got working was Mario 64.

Ben64

Nemu 0.8 problems

whenever i try to load a rom, it says at the bottom that its nemulating, but no matter how long i wait........nothing.

please help, i so want to do netplay.

btw - i was trying to load mario 64

Kahenraz

I'm experiencing the same problem but with an odd twist. A few days ago I could play both Zeldas beautifully on Nemu. Then I did a system format to fix a ton of corruption in my OS. Now Nemu crashes every time I try and play either Zelda game! It works find in 1964 though. :cry:

:1964:

Ben64

out of topic, but meh

so........what do you think of my logo? too bad nintendo had to rip it off for the n64:p

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
Re: out of topic, but meh

Ben64 said:
so........what do you think of my logo? too bad nintendo had to rip it off for the n64:p

ohhhh...i thought ur logo wuz like "Be N" like be n64 or something...it didnt make sense but now it dus since i know it means Ben. lol ^^;

edit: maybe people wouldnt mistake it if u made the b and e as large as the n and make them spinning and stuff. get wut i mean? all three spinning and same colors and same size. ^_^