What's new

Emulation woes

OP
Apollo

Apollo

Sorry Smiff - I wasn't sure if I could upload that dll or not here. No worries.

Gokuss4: the updated dll comes with the latest PJ64 package I believe... Have a shot at that.
- J

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
gokuss4 said:
in 1964 zelda doesn't show up for me at all ??? even with jabo's direct3d6 or ed7 1.4 devices but i hear sound.
You can try what Rice told me to do, to get OOT Working !
Rice said:
Gentleman
I think you can turn off FPU hack to make it work.

Dominator

Saying that UltraHLE is not a good choice because it requires a glide wrapper is just as clever as saying that 1964, Apollo, Daedalus, Pj64 or Tr64 ain't no good choices because they require external video plugins, external sound plugins and external controller plugins.

yogaman

Banned
that's right, uhle/shle are really good to emulate zelda64 - the down side is that the sound can get choppy :(

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yogaman said:
that's right, uhle/shle are really good to emulate zelda64 - the down side is that the sound can get choppy :(

and why does the sound get choppy... quite often because of the glide wrappers...

Dominator

Glide wrappers are not responsible for this. UHLE sound goes choppy even tho' I am using a Dual Voodoo 2 configuration without no wrapper or voodoo fix.

You shall have noted that users usually complain about ZELDA's sound going choppy. Significant sound problems may occur with games using some particular Alist.

It doesn't affect games performances. The game runs and will always run 40 or 50% faster than any Low Level based emulator such as PJ64, Apollo or 1964 even if various authors tried to, more or less, optimize their dynarec.

For instance, Zelda runs faster with sound and full screen mode on my PC @ 1024*768 even tho' I disable (thru windows) all of the 3d performances optimizations than PJ64 @ 320*240 without no sound, jabo's plugin and full gfx performances.

But the downside is in the compatibility area.

songoku

Black Swordsman
Dom's specs

naaaahhhh!!
I cant believe it! Dominator has a K6II-500, just like me, and 192 MB ram, just like me? I really can't believe it!! And I thought that to develop an emulator you should at least get a DualTualatinWith1GbRamGf4AndSoOn!! :D

Well, at least I've got a brand new GF2 MX (ah-ah! I win, after all! :) )

Well, btw, dom, is there any solution for the choppy SHLE sound?...
Okay, I stop now :satisfied

Last edited: