What's new

Emulation in a DVD player

thiagoccb

I would like to know if it is possible to emulate something in a dvdplayer. I found in the net things about dvdplayers with games, so I was thinking about do it with emulation too. I don't know...maybe in vcd format or something like that. I know that the dvdplayer isn't powerful as a console, but I think that something like atari, or nes could work. If exists, and if it's possible could someone tell me and explain how to do it?

bcrew1375

I don't think so. Those games I think are done through simple scripting. I seriously doubt a DVD player would have the necessary functions to emulate anything. Also, you made two identical threads, you should delete the other one.

Toasty

Sony battery
Most DVD players can't run homemade software, aside from firmware upgrades. Their hardware is specifically designed for decoding video too.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I don't think it's possible. And do us a favour and delete the double thread. thanks

Allnatural

It should be easy to emulate the Wii on a DVD player, because the Wii controller is just like a remote, so you can use the DVD remote to play Wii games!

Is anyone working on this yet? I don't have money for a Wii.

And where can I download Wii games? I checked google but couldn't find anything.

:teehee:

WhiteX

Allnatural said:
It should be easy to emulate the Wii on a DVD player, because the Wii controller is just like a remote, so you can use the DVD remote to play Wii games!

And where can I download Wii games? I checked google but couldn't find anything.

Priceless.

BlueFalcon7

Allnatural said:

If it wernt for the :teehee: , I would think someone hacked allnatural's account.
Emutalk should have a quote section, where good quotes go. Im quite sure the idea has been proposed before.

smcd

Allnatural said:

Ban that noob! :p

yegosimo

Bug Killer
Allnatural said:

dude i have Wii games.. if u want i can send them to ur 2MB-email account on hotmail
lol:party:

BlueFalcon7

yegosimo said:
dude i have Wii games.. if u want i can send them to ur 2MB-email account on hotmail
lol:party:
One time I actually tried to send the Iso for Halo 2 through AIM file transfer. It was a 3.2 GB file zipped. Anyways, when I tried to send it, AIM froze, and it booted me from the server o_O, it happened all 3 times I tried to send it. (I tried to send it to be funny, and for bragging rights.)

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
BlueFalcon7 said:
I say this with complete hipocracy: Dont play Mod!

Im still waiting to see either a Moderator or Martin to change their own custom user title to "Banned" just to be funny.
Martin did it before :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
lmfao emulation on a dvd player, thats like asking if I can program my television to run one... televisions are programmed to do one thing - shoot lights at a screen and output sound from a source... dvd players are programmed to do one thing... play dvds.

I suppose next people will be asking for a port of Project64 for your PC's mouse.

Toasty

Sony battery
I want Dolphin ported onto my printer. I believe if you write the code on a piece of paper and feed it into the printer it should work.

Jakob

evil *******
BlueFalcon7 said:
I say this with complete hipocracy: Dont play Mod!

Im still waiting to see either a Moderator or Martin to change their own custom user title to "Banned" just to be funny.
vampireuk did that before when he was a supermod(we don't have any supermods anymore), as to allnatural, I've opened a thread on the admin forum(yes, no mods allowed), so we shall see what he's in for:D

Allnatural

I didn't ask for Wii games, I asked where to download them.

It doesn't matter anyway; my friend gave me a Wii emulator that plays all games perfect speed. I was going to share with everyone here but since you were all so mean I'm not going to. :angry: