What's new

Emu-Language

therockcz2

The Best Game Player
Hi. It's me again! I'm really sorry (because this is a stupid question). How do I use new plug-ins? When I unzip the plug-in file (using Win-Ace) there's nothing in the file. Also, I'm having a problem with using WWF No Mercy on 1964. When the game starts up, there's an error that says "Unable to load SRAM"!Please put this stuff in terms I (someone new to emulation) can understand. One last question, what does the ini mean by "use the Project 64 rdb"?

Corak

Nintendo gamer
therockcz2 said:
Hi. It's me again! I'm really sorry (because this is a stupid question). How do I use new plug-ins? When I unzip the plug-in file (using Win-Ace) there's nothing in the file. Also, I'm having a problem with using WWF No Mercy on 1964. When the game starts up, there's an error that says "Unable to load SRAM"!Please put this stuff in terms I (someone new to emulation) can understand. One last question, what does the ini mean by "use the Project 64 rdb"?

There are no stupid questions so don't worry. :)

Plug-ins normally come zipped and include a file with the extension .dll. Just copy this file in the <emu>\plugin directory. Then just rerun the emulator and you should be able to select this new plugin from the "setup plugins" menu.

I'm not totally sure about the No Mercy error myself. Maybe someone else can clarify? It doesn't make much sense that it tries to load a savegame here. AFAIK "No mercy" is plagued with lots of issues anyway and is therefore unplayable.

An RDB (resouce database I'd guess) is very similar to an ini file. You will have to download Project64 to get this rdb file or download it from the ressources section (link in sticky thread at the top of it's forum). I didn't use 1964 much yet but I would be surprised if 1964 was able to read the PJ64 rdb files due to very different cores. Where exactly did you read this?

Pauncho

actually, u must put the pj64.rdb in the 1964 main directory if you are using jabo's graphic plugins because it gets the resolution and internal/exterrnal pipeline settings from there

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
not must but jabo's graphics do look for the pj64.rdb at the current emu's directory for settings.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Wrong, if you look at the last release, my custom Project64.rdb was included in the v0.8.3 package, and for a reason, that custom file is for 1964 only, it has settings, res fixes and etc, that are specifically for 1964 even though uses the same plugin :)

Duncan

N64 Addict
True, you were right on the procedure and what it does :) But 1964 is set up different, so results are too, but in most cases for the good :)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Make sure that Windows "shows all files", not hides any files, since windows hides dll-files by default, and therefore, they won't show up in winace.