What's new

Eclipse!

Angechu

Computer wizard :)
To everyone living in the U.S., around the Central/Pacific area, look at the sun! Partial solar eclipse! I think if you look now you should catch it - I live right on the pacific coast, and I can see it..

-Angechu

Eagle

aka Alshain
Umm, you should never look at the sun. There are special devices to look at solar eclipses. Actually, If you know its coming ahead of time, you can take a cardboard box, cut a square hole in ithe bottom. Next take a piece of tin foil (bigger than the hole) and flatten the wrinkles out of it with your thumbnail. Then you tape it over the hole in the box and prick it with a straight pin. Finally hold the box at angle with the foil toward the sun, and place a white piece of paper below it. If you did it right, The pin prick will show a circle of light on the white paper, BUT as the eclipse progresses, the circle of light will begin to show progress the eclipse as well without actually looking at the sun.

Remember: Under no circumstance should you look directly at the sun, shaded glasses will NOT protect you.

blizz

I remember the total eclipse here in the UK, was pretty cool, but everyone spoiled it with flash cameras

a Lunar eclipse is pretty cool to see too, watching the moon turn red

Josep

eyerun4phun
Shit! i glanced at it really quick, didn't really let my eyes focus on it, i hope it didn't do anything!:sleepy: :(

Eagle

aka Alshain
Really the most damaging part is in a total eclipse. When the moon completely covers the sun, the edges of the sun that show around the moon are supposed to be very dangerous. I forget what the edge is called.

Eagle

aka Alshain
aurora, thats right, I couldnt remember it. :colgate: Jaz, I've actually seen a very near total eclipse, but it wasn't quite complete.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Whatever, they sound similar :p I knew the northern lights are called the Aurora Borealis, I just couldn't remember the name of the Corona and Aurora kinda made sense so I took his word for it. Guess he was wrong :)