What's new

Ecco No sound????

Netcrow2002

Sorry can anybody help me???
I Wanna play ecco but it´s no sound!!!
Wat can i do???
In the compatibly list is nothing write about no sound!!!

Greets Netcrow!!!

Sorry for my bad english!!!

Samus

The music in Ecco is fine for me, however some of the sound effects don't play, such as the noice from Ecco's sonar and the water splashing when you jump. Is this what you're meaning?

OP
N

Netcrow2002

Samus said:
The music in Ecco is fine for me, however some of the sound effects don't play, such as the noice from Ecco's sonar and the water splashing when you jump. Is this what you're meaning?

yes that´s what i meaning !!
then is the problem not only by me!!

Thx for you Reply!!!

Greets Netcrow!!!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Netcrow2002 said:
yes that´s what i meaning !!
then is the problem not only by me!!

Thx for you Reply!!!

Greets Netcrow!!!
I think you have a rip without music... there are some but din't know if there's a ecco one...

Turrichan

No sound effects on ECCO

Hi,

Managed to run ECCO on the latest version of Chankast (alpha0.25) with version 1.5 of Utopia BootDisk. Everything works fine save for two things. These are things that seem to have been brought up before, but I think they are worth mentioning again, given how excellent of a game this is:

1) no fog emulation, so it looks like the environment is being built polygon by polygon as I approach different areas, the background being a sort of plane horizon. Is there any way of making the fog happen at all? I'm running a 2GHz clock 1Gb RAM Athlon with a GeForce 6200 card, DirectX 9.0c, using the xxx CDRom interface. Any hope? I understand that version alpha0.2 old gfx of Chankast is said to make the game run better, but whenever I try using that version, I get stuck at Utopia's rotating silver reindeer graphic. The program doesnt go beyond that. Any ideas?

2) sounds effects seem to be missing. As was mentioned, sounds like sonar and splashes are missing from the sound effects. Is there anything I can do to make these effects appear?

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You could have made your own thread instead of digging up a two-year-old corpse.

In short, you can't fix many of the problems that plague Chankast. That means no sound fixes or graphical fixes. However, enabling/disabling ZWrite and AlphaTest ZWrite can fix (or break some more) some alpha/transparency problems. Outside of these "fixes" nothing can be done. Using any older version than 0.25 Alpha introduces more problems than it fixes 95% of the time. You can (and should, for heaven's sake) try nullDC instead, as it is a lot better than Chankast. Having said that, even nullDC is far from perfect.