What's new

Each restart 4 axis 16 button joystick USB controller disappears

BKdigi

I have the USB adapter to use my N64 controller to play games on XP with Project 64

Each time I shutdown or restart the CPU I have to move the USB connection and rescan the hardware for the system to reactivate the 4 axis 16 button joystick

Do you know a registry tweak I can do so the 4 axis 16 button joystick becomes permanent?

Thank You

Barry

OP
B

BKdigi

Just received Adaptoid and am using that instead

No problems and rumble pack works now

Would have been better off getting the Adaptoid to begin with instead of the cheaper adapter.

Still curious about the cheaper controller adapter disappearing after each shutdown or restart though if anyone knows a work around and in case someone else needs the answer

Barry

smcd

My mom's computer has the same issue with a USB printer, it always comes up as "found new hardware" every time the computer is restarted. Quite irritating really

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hehe. Plug in a USB mouse (or any other USB prepherial), install, then unplug, restart, re-plug. Windows will install driver software again.

Cyberman

Sad to say... it's likely the device

Most USB devices are not tested very well. It sounds to me that it's the USB firmware in the device. This is also a bit of a problem with the logitech Dual action as it disappears on ocassion. The Gravis Gamepad I had would do the same under win98. As far as I can tell it is and was never the machine. As it did the same thing no matter what machine and OS I pluged both devices into. I suspect poor implementation of the USB standard (how the bloody hell did they get Certified is what I want to know), has caused many of these type of problems.

Cyb