What's new

DX11 plugin error: Failed create texture format

terminento

Hello.
I'm having this ood problem with Demul. I f I choose the new updated DX11 plugin, i get the following error when starting up Shenmue:
Error! (HRESULT = 80070057)
Failed create textureFormat = 87Width = 640 Height = 480MSAA = 1

The emulator then hangs up.

I have a GeForce 8800 GTX. It is a DX10 card, but the release notes state that "currently DX10-capable GPU is enough".

What am I doing wrong?

Also, if using the DXv3 or legacy drivers, everythong is OK when in windowed mode, but the image flickers a lot when going into fullscreen mode. What can I do about it?

OP
T

terminento

Actually, it was the first one to do so. Pity...
Even so. What about the flickering problem with the legacy plugin?
The game runs fine when in windowed mode, but when I change to fullscreen, the screen flickers like crazy.

Even if I force Vsync via the Nvidia control pannel, it still flcikers, it draws full frames but it is like if the previous camera angle got imprinted on the next one, flickering over the image. Framerate goes up insanely, too.

This doesn't happen with the previous version, too.

ABACABB

The DX11 plugin does not yet work in Demul. They are starting to implement it but it does not work correctly, the release notes say this. Hopefully in the next release the devs will have improved this.

The screen flickering issue is a new bug that popped up in version 0.57 It has been discussed here many times. To my knowledge there is no fix for this. Only thing you can do is play in windowed mode. If you press "F3" it will remove the file menu and give you a little more space but that's the bst you can do for now.

The good side to this is that the devs have announced the next version will be released in March, which is next month sometime. Not sure if the fullscreen issues or the DX11 issue will be fixed though. They have announced that the next version will have early support for Sega Hikaru hardware.

Scorpion27

The DX11 plugin does not yet work in Demul. They are starting to implement it but it does not work correctly, the release notes say this. Hopefully in the next release the devs will have improved this.

The screen flickering issue is a new bug that popped up in version 0.57 It has been discussed here many times. To my knowledge there is no fix for this. Only thing you can do is play in windowed mode. If you press "F3" it will remove the file menu and give you a little more space but that's the bst you can do for now.

The good side to this is that the devs have announced the next version will be released in March, which is next month sometime. Not sure if the fullscreen issues or the DX11 issue will be fixed though. They have announced that the next version will have early support for Sega Hikaru hardware.

You are absolutely wrong on this. i use DX11 plugin on demul in fullscreen and it runs smooth as butter. The problem is he doesn't have a dx11 card.

ABACABB

You are absolutely wrong on this. i use DX11 plugin on demul in fullscreen and it runs smooth as butter. The problem is he doesn't have a dx11 card.

Not absolutely wrong, but a little vague...... I know the DX11 plugin struggles with NAOMI2 at the moment. This is what the devs said and I shouldn't have made the blanket statement about all Demul games but from what the OPs questions were I could tell this is probably what he was seeing.

And as far as the screen flickering....again yes this is an issue with some games but not all. You are ABSOLUTELY wrong in saying that every single NAOMI/NAOMI2/NAOMIgd game that Demul can run runs smooth as butter with no screen flickering using the DX11 plugin. Not every game works that way

NGboo

I use DX11 plugin and most of the games work fine. But Demolish Fist reports "Failed create textureFormat...", when you press start and character select screen starts loading, and Rumble Fish 2 reports similar error, when you get to the first cutscene in arcade mode. Otherwise, DF works in demo mode, and RF works like a charm when you play it in VS mode... I hope that the next version of Demul will fix this.